It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Question Strange blistery red bumps popping up on fingers - yikes!!

Hi guys!

I owe everyone a post on my insomnia/sleep journey, but I'm working right now, so I'll post that later.

Right now I have a question about something very strange going on. Last saturday morning, I noticed a red pimple/blister popping up on my right ring finger.

I know I didn't burn it on anything and although it was painful when I bumped it against it something, I didn't think anything of it.

It grew bigger, and eventually the top turned into a scab, pretty raw looking one. It is still red and my finger looks a bit swollen.

Then, a few days later, I noticed another one popping up on my index finger. Now I see two more popping up on the ring finger and a few little ones that may be popping up on my left hand.

They do not itch, they seem to growing from internally (as opposed to a burn which is external).

This is just the oddest thing I've ever seen!

5 weeks ago I started Malarone, an antimalarial, to see if it would hunt out any Babesia.

2 weeks ago I started Tetracycline.

Those are the only changes in my protocol.

Has anyone ever heard of these strange red bumps?

Old 02-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: Strange blistery red bumps popping up on fingers - yikes!!

Mickie
Could be a bart symptom. I have had this pin point rash for years. Comes and goes. When I look at them through a magnifying glass, they do have a blister top to them. My Dr thinks my rash is bart. But with these diseases, who knows for sure. Hope the bumps go away soon.

I'm in the middle of a major herx. Going back on meds this week sent me even further down the hill. But I know it gets better.

Hang in there. Hope your sleep is better.....let us know how that is going. I am having alot more sleepless/restless nights. Time to go take my ambien, and anything else I can find that might help. You know I had actually been able to stop my ambien for awhile and switched to melatonin. But not now.

My PCP had once told me he didn't think you could get addicted to something that your body desperately needed. Like ambien. I guess he was right. I think when my body is ready, I'll be able to come off it again.

Prayers...Marsha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2007, 07:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

the only thing that popped in my head was herpes....thinking Pearl has the right idea though....

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi...hope you are resting today...Sundays are great for nap days..

Sending you lots of prayer's..

Hugs!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 06:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi guys!

Just wanted to updated everyone on these strange bumps.

They are still here. The first ones that appeared 3 weeks ago, have scabs on them. I keep neosporin on them. The one on my index finger looks just like a boil. It's takes up all the space on my knuckle, so it's pretty big.

The one on my ring finger has flattened out, still has a scab, but it's getting smaller. I keep neosporin on that one too.

Then, yesterday, my whole middle finger swelled up and I can see a few red bumps. It also hurts when I bend it.

There are a few on my left hand, but you can hardly see them.

Very very strange. I see Dr. E today, so I'll be sure to ask her what on earth is going on.

Peace and health to all.
Mickie

Last edited by 6Blues; 02-21-2007 at 06:38 AM.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Mickie
Let us know what Dr says about the bumps. Sounds painful. Hope you get some answers that lead to relief. Prayers....Marsha

Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi friends.

I talked to Dr. E about the strange red bumps and swelling on my hands. She said that it is not Lyme related.

She felt it may be an allergic reaction to a drug I'm taking or, more likely, a herpes cold virus (sort of like a cold sore, but on my hand instead of my mouth). Eeeewww.

She recommended that I take a break from all my medicine. I'll start a new post about that 'cuz I'd love some feedback.

I will keep you posted on the strange goings-on with regards to my red bumpy hands.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

MicBlues just wanted to add to the other post I posted on your other thread....

At the store you can get oatmeal baths. Possibly try soaking your hands in it.. or even your whole body

Good Luck!

Old 02-28-2007, 01:32 AM   #8
(female)

arcticablue HB User

Have you tried using peroxide on your bumps? If they are herpes viral in nature...pouring peroxide on them will help retard the virus and speed healing. I hope the pain goes away soon!

Closed Thread