It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
(female)

silentstones HB User
can anyone tell me what the numbers on wb mean

hi everyone i got a negitive on w/b test but what do these numbers mean lyme igg/igm ab <0.91 range 0.00-0.90 lyme ab interp, eia negative lyme disease ab quant <.91 range 0.00-0.90 lyme ab igm iterp eia negative thanks, debi

Last edited by silentstones; 02-27-2007 at 11:38 AM.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: can anyone tell me what the numbers on wb mean

Hi silentstones. Do you have a copy of your Western Blot? It should list a series of numerical bands with a + - or IND after each one. Realize that no Lyme test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. Have you been tested by a Lyme lab such as IgeneX?

The other test sounds like it may be the ELISA or titer. Is your result .91? If it is and normal is 0-.90, then it is positive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
(female)

silentstones HB User

I am sorry to have to admit that I do not even understand what you are saying. Please interpret the following: Lyme AB/ Western Blot Reflex (next line) Lyme IGG/ IGM AB <0.91 Range:0.00 (next line) Lyme AB Interp, EIA = negative. (next line reads Lyme Disease AB Quant <0.91 Range 0.00 - 0.90
That is all the paper says. Thank you so much!!! Debi

Old 02-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

hi I had a test once with only those numbers ...mine was a 91 also. My doc said it was positive...

Old 02-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #5
(female)

silentstones HB User

hi jojo glad to meet you i feel so stupid i wish i could email this to someone so you could see it . my husband said he reads it to say it is less than(<) .91 ,range being .90 so it is negative . do you read to say im .91 or <than 91 please be paient with me i may be lymmie. thanks again debi

Last edited by silentstones; 02-27-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Nice to meet you also. I know these are so confusing. When I had it on my test it showed like yours. And the doctor said it was a slight positive.

so I always just took it as that. Maybe we were just grasping too.

Possibly Ticker will beable to answer this one. She seems to understand these test better.

Wish I could help you more to read this test.

Have you had a Western Blot? Or sent your blood to Igenex?

Do you feel you have lyme? Do you have the symptoms?
What did the doctor say about your test??

Sorry don't mean to sound wishy washy on my answer. I just know my doctor said "slight positive"

Good Luck!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 PM   #7
(female)

silentstones HB User
Wink Re: can anyone tell me what the numbers on wb mean

so sorry i got so caught-up with a posiable positive that i forgot to tell the other . i have to worn you my story is alooong one. ill start with this test .was taken in april of 06 being my family dr finally listened to me about llyme posibilitys ,(i got sick november 0f '89.thats right i said 89 ,never being able to convince any dr it was high risk of llyme )( my occuppation was pet store owner ,/pet groomer/kennel opperator ,ticks bites were everyday possiabilitys ) i recieved news that it was neg . but dr put me on low dose doxy . then i heard of dr crist in mo and started investigating myself .googled him came up with you guys because romans 12 12 had seen him , he didnt take my medcare so he would not see me in 06 this yr with much prayer i tryed again he agreed to finally see me so i have an app may 14 th i called the igenics they sent test and i ttook it today get results 2wks i picked this test up today to tak to dr crist on 14th whew . i havent even started my story yet . im in to much pain to continue . i will have to continue tomorrow thanks for listening again debi

Last edited by silentstones; 02-27-2007 at 08:40 PM.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:28 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Debi. These tests can be confusing. The test you had done is not the typical Western Blot test. The Western Blot test lists several numbers with a + - or IND rating after each one.

It sounds like you had the ELISA done which is a titer test. It is also the least reliable. Without seeing your sheet, if .90 and below is negative and you have a .91 it is positive.

The most important thing you can do to confirm or rule out Lyme disease is to see a Lyme knowledgeable doctor. If you need a recommendation, let us know.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #9
(female)

silentstones HB User

hi ticker even though i am very confussed ,this is also very exciting to hear someone believes me .i have known in my heart that it is llyme from the beganning (16 yrs ago ) i was at high risk anyway with my occupation .could never get a doc to run test. i do finally have an appt. with dr crist in mo march 14th so i gess ill have more proof then . i took the igenics test at my fmdr yesterday. i hope i was off antbs long enough(14 days )i am working on my story for dr crist so when i get it done i would like to share it with eveyone thanks so much you are a blessing to so many .gods blessings debi

Last edited by silentstones; 02-28-2007 at 09:04 AM.

Closed Thread