It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 02:49 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User
Itchy Rash

I have had a raised itchy rash for about 3 days now. Anyone ever experience this? It looks like it is spreading(not bad, but it is spreading). I've been doing those vaccine's to boost my immune system so I want to be sure it's not that causing it. My husband also has some itch bumps on his wrists but not as red and itchy as mine are. It's not in a circle shape at all. Just raised patches in a few spots that itch really bad.

Also, is it normal to feel good for a few days and start feeling awful again when you have Lyme? I was feeling pretty good for about 4 days then yesterday everything went back downhill. I started having chills, rib soreness, brain fog, feeling like I'm going to pass out(blood pressure is fine), Fatigue, flu-like feeling, burning in legs and arms, stiff joints/fingers, etc.

I'm kind of irritated becaue I have to wait so long to get my results. I have to wait until I go see him again on April 5th. I feel like it can't some soon enough.

Thanks for any help you can give me...
Chantel

Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Itchy Rash

Hi Chantel. It is always a good idea to get photos of any rashes. Place something near the rash, like a coin or ruler, before photographing to give it size definition.

Call your doctor and let him know. This could be a reaction to what you were given.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2007, 11:52 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi Chantel. It is always a good idea to get photos of any rashes. Place something near the rash, like a coin or ruler, before photographing to give it size definition.

Call your doctor and let him know. This could be a reaction to what you were given.
Ticker-

That's a great idea. I will do that. I called my doctor's office this morning and told them about it. I also asked if they had my results back in because I really want to know. She told me that it takes anywhere from 3-4 weeks but I told her that I had gotten my statement from Igenix already to send to my insurance company for reinbursement so she said she would look into it and call me back. I just want to know.

From your experience with Lyme, is it normal to feel good for a few days then go right back into feel bad again?

Chantel

Old 03-22-2007, 05:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Chantel. Yes, many people who have Lyme feel okay and then bad again. Lyme symptoms can wax/wane and migrate around the body.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:57 AM   #5
(female)

FlaGal1 HB User

The night before my appt. with my LLMD I came down with an itchy rash and raised bumps on my arm. They did not seem to have anything in them, however after I scratched themn (duh should not have) the next morning there were some ugly looking scabs there. When I went to the LLMD, I did not bring up the rash, but my husband did. LLMD felt it was shingles and took a culture. They kind of looked like when you had Chickenpox as a kid...little blister type things. All I have left after an abx for it is some scabs and a couple of the bigger ones where I did really dig them look almost like I will have small scars there. Do not know if this is anything like you might have, but my LLMD said that Lymies can get shingles very easily due to the weakened immune system.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:35 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I had an itchy red rash.

I just posted a long description of it under Chantel's thread about her rash.

Mine was sort of oval, red, bumpy and the itching drove me mad! Mine also looked like pox.

I believe mine was caused by Lyme or one of the co-infections.

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 03-25-2007, 01:46 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGal1 View Post
The night before my appt. with my LLMD I came down with an itchy rash and raised bumps on my arm. They did not seem to have anything in them, however after I scratched themn (duh should not have) the next morning there were some ugly looking scabs there. When I went to the LLMD, I did not bring up the rash, but my husband did. LLMD felt it was shingles and took a culture. They kind of looked like when you had Chickenpox as a kid...little blister type things. All I have left after an abx for it is some scabs and a couple of the bigger ones where I did really dig them look almost like I will have small scars there. Do not know if this is anything like you might have, but my LLMD said that Lymies can get shingles very easily due to the weakened immune system.
Hi FlaGal,

The rash I have is like a cluster. It looks like it started with a small purple looking dot then made some clusters. It looks like it had something in it that may have spilled out(I know...gross). They itch like crazy. My husband had something similiar, but his is already gone and was not as red and itchy as mine are. I still have them. I'm not sure what's going on. My daughter had shingles before and I remember how bad it hurt her. The rash I have doesn't hurt at all.

Chantel

Old 03-25-2007, 01:51 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Blues View Post
I had an itchy red rash.

I just posted a long description of it under Chantel's thread about her rash.

Mine was sort of oval, red, bumpy and the itching drove me mad! Mine also looked like pox.

I believe mine was caused by Lyme or one of the co-infections.

Hope you feel better soon!

Mine are kind of oval too. They are also very red and bumpy and itch like crazy. I scratch so much I will probably cause a scab.

My lyme test actually came back negative. The doctor said that he couldn't just go by that though because I had some antibodies that came back positive so he put me on 1 month supply of Levaquin to see what happens. He thinks I may have a co-infection. He asked me if I was ever scratched by a cat..............whatever that mean.............and I told him that yes I had been scratched several times before. I did real good on it 3 months ago. I was feeling so much better.

Closed Thread