It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
(female)

mesmall HB User
uterus muscle spasms

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced muscle spasm of the uterus.It feels like when I was pregnant (little fluttering). This is a new symptom for me and is freaking me out because I can actually see my uterus pulsating like something is alive under my skin! until now,I have only had twitching in my legs and feet. I'm starting to think that I have a live parasite or something living inside me!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
(female)

KateTheRiot HB User
Re: uterus muscle spasms

While that's possible, it isn't likely. If it will make you feel better, ask your doc about it.

However, Lyme can cause twitching in any soft tissue in the body. A friend of mine has twitching of her urethra, which she says is VERY uncomfortable. She has to get up and walk around until it stops.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

I get that, too. Someone on here told me that the bacteria can be anywhere in your body, so it could have also gotten to your uterus.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

Are you being treated for Chronic Lyme Disease? If so, for how long?

Old 03-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Quote:
Someone on here told me that the bacteria can be anywhere in your body, so it could have also gotten to your uterus
That is definitely possible, it happened to someone I know.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:33 AM   #6
(female)

mesmall HB User

I have been treated for Lyme for 19 months now.4 months on Doxy,1 month of IV rocepherin,10 months Biaxin/plaquenil,4 months tetracycline,and now,back to Biaxin/plaquenil(the tetracycline cause me to gain weight and burn in the sun.
Most of my cognitive symptoms have cleared up,but I still have some quick pains either in my knee or thighs.I have always had a problem with the twitching,but it moved around and only lasted a second or two.This twitch,or spasm happens every few minutes AND IS VERY DISTRACTING and scary.It really feel like I'm being poked from the inside,and I can see my skin jumping!!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #7
(female)

Lebnin HB User

Yes I have had this sensation but only twice in one night. Scarey. I hope I never get it again. Thought I should be in a horror movie. I have lyme and figure that's another symtom. Take care

Old 03-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
(female)

mesmall HB User

Ok, the nurse just called and said that it's actually my bladder doing this,as the uterus is behind the bladder. She suggested that I go to see a urologist to get checked out.I don't really feel like going to another doctor chasing symptoms only to find every test negative.I guess just knowing that I'm not the only one to experience this helps.I'm going to assume that it's toxins and die off going to my bladder to be peed out.I will carry on and try to detox more,and not be afraid. Thanks!

Closed Thread