It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 01:50 AM   #1
(female)

ryebeach HB User
lyme rage

anyone ever had this ? I have been really sick with sharp nerve pains for over a week Then yesterday I went to the therapist with my husband for an issue on our marraige he created and when I got home I went into such a terrible state throwing things crying uncontrolable and just feeling like I would rather be anywhere but here My son called with problems and I took it out on him and he deals with a disability both physically and mentallly and I try really hard not to involve him in any of my dificcult days Should never have picked up the phone but have to in case he is in destress I hate this disease and how the dr put me in this position in the first place since they don't listen when you tell them you were exposed to a tick bite and they ignore you and you can't treat yourself so you wind up feeling miserable and crazy like this I am so sick of it and the rude selfish people in this world It is all so pathetic and I am usually the one that holds everything together and now I can't even control myself I wish I could do something more to help myself probably will call for a therapist today but don't know what good it will do if all it come out of Lyme I am not one to run from doctor to doctor but this stuff is crazy My husband had the crazy notion of trying to have fling with my best friend how sick is that no wonder I am ****** off so what will a shrink do for me I don't know if I want to stay or leave Both ideas scare me I finally came out with it to my son who thinks his step father is perfect and this is what he displays to people in public and he is not a horrible or abusive man at home either The therapist says he is suffering from male depression and I guess there is a book on it She thought it might be good for me to read it maybe it would be good for him to read it I feel so angry and disappointed and sick all at the same time I needed to vent and I really feel embarrased doing so but it seems as though I don't get any support here that I deperately need Of Course the friend is history this makes me feel awful too
thanks for listening
ryebeach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2007, 04:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: lyme rage

Ryebeach, I'm so sorry, I can't believe you have to go through this kind of traumatic experience in the middle of an illness. I don't know if that's lyme rage or not, I mean I think anyone would be completely outraged by this kind of thing. Your husband and your best friend both betrayed you! In addition to being run down by lyme and having a disabled son, you have to deal with your husband being selfish right now?

Give yourself some room to be human. Who wouldn't rage out? I'm glad you guys are going to a counselor because you shouldn't have to get through this stuff alone. And, like you said, whether you stay or leave, both will be really difficult. I'm so sorry for what you're going through right now.

Come here and talk to us whenever you need to, you don't need to be embarrassed, many of us have been through some really hard times in our relationships. It seems like sometimes you get to your lowest moments with lyme and then your spouse just drops a bomb on you.

We are here for you, hang in there.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:51 AM   #3
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperwoken View Post
Ryebeach, I'm so sorry, I can't believe you have to go through this kind of traumatic experience in the middle of an illness. I don't know if that's lyme rage or not, I mean I think anyone would be completely outraged by this kind of thing. Your husband and your best friend both betrayed you! In addition to being run down by lyme and having a disabled son, you have to deal with your husband being selfish right now?

Give yourself some room to be human. Who wouldn't rage out? I'm glad you guys are going to a counselor because you shouldn't have to get through this stuff alone. And, like you said, whether you stay or leave, both will be really difficult. I'm so sorry for what you're going through right now.

Come here and talk to us whenever you need to, you don't need to be embarrassed, many of us have been through some really hard times in our relationships. It seems like sometimes you get to your lowest moments with lyme and then your spouse just drops a bomb on you.
Hi sleeperwoken
Thank you so much for the encouragement and your reply Even on our so called normal days I still do not have the patience I should The other day I was so angry about everything and went out in my yard in a total fog and stomped on the littl trees on the side of my house where I know I picked up this Lyme All they did was bounce back what a futile effort that was but needed to do something other than throw things Again thanks and keep in touch hope yoou are doing better I know it has been along road for you also
Ryebeach

We are here for you, hang in there.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:27 AM   #4
(male)

CantThinkStr8 HB User

Welcome to the club!
It's pretty much the norm in some folks with LD. It was happenning to me constantly. The right combo of abx's got rid of it....Now my wife experiences it. I head for the hills...since i know it's not her fault...I just stay out of the way until it calms down a bit. LOL. I had to learn tons of restraint and in all honesty when i got back down to normal this helped me deal with things in general. I'm so mellow now it's ridiculous. Almost to a fault.

take care

Old 04-11-2007, 03:18 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

Lyme Rage is a very real symptom of Lyme that supposedly results from too much ammonia build-up in the brain. I have had it severely in the past and know of many others who have also experienced this.

There are things you can take that will help reduce the ammonia. Jernigan's pale spike lobelila is one suggestion. AKA (alpha ketoglutaric acid) will also help with this. I have tried both these products with good results.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #6
(female)

Psalm142 HB User

Hi, Beach-
I've been exactly where you are and know that it's no picnic. Unfortunately, I took my rage at the injustice of spousal antics out on other people. I was really a miserable person, and none of you would have wanted to know me. I wore my pain on my sleeve, and nearly everyone bumped into it and caused me to scream out. I cried on the way to work and on the way back. No-one understood or had pity on me. My spouse was NOT in their right mind!

Well, turns out, neither was I. Fortunately, I met someone who introduced me to a man who loves me unconditionally... someone who knows all the pain and loves me anyway. He sees the uncontrollable temper and the reasons for it, and wants to take it all away. I love this man- and all he has done for me. In my suffering, knowing I couldn't do this life in my strength alone anymore, I gave it all to him, and it has made all the difference.

My friends have seen my transformation and can't believe it's the same person! I still live in the valley of pain and am not able to think straight, but his love has changed me. It can change you, too, if you want. I'd like to introduce you to him... his name is Jesus!

I have some sort of Lyme again, can't even work due to fatigue and joint pain, but am at peace knowing that I can get through this. The daily irritants are but small, bumpy rotten potatoes compared to the Hope of eternal life! Strange as it may sound, I am thankful for the pain of broken hopes and dreams and physical shortcomings, and for the pity parties I can have, because it led me to the only true Hope there is.

My hope for you is that you, too, will find it.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
(female)

Lebnin HB User

Hi Ryebeach, Geez, this is a lot of crap your dealing with right know. it is understandable why you were(are) so angry. I'm sorry you are feeling aweful and have to try and focus on this new problem too. Like all that have posted, we are here for you. i have not experienced this shooting pain sensation for any legth of time. I sometimes feel the pains for 2-3 days but not continuously. And not severe pain as opposed shooting and then stops. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

So sorry you are having to go through all of this, as if one or the other wasn't enough! That business with your husband would make anyone crazy, Lyme or no Lyme. A double betrayal, it dosen't get much worse than that. I don't know if it's appropriate to comment or not, but I couldn't help but be taken aback at the therapist's recommendation that YOU read the book on "male depression". What is that supposed to do, help you "support him"??? Help you "understand why he had the affair"? Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way and I probably shouldn't say anything, but it seems like it's taking the responsibility for the affair off of him. Not my business, but I was in a similar situation at one time and found this type of thing exasperating. I finally found a therapist who had this to say about affairs, that people cheat for one reason and one reason only: because they CHOOSE to. The whole point of counseling, it would seem to me, is for him to acknowledge how he hurt you and your marriage and about how is he going to make ammends and regain your trust. But in any case, yes Lyme can cause rages but so can a situation like the one you described. Hang in there and we are here if you need us.

Last edited by TINUVIEL; 04-11-2007 at 10:59 PM.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #9
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantThinkStr8 View Post
Welcome to the club!
It's pretty much the norm in some folks with LD. It was happenning to me constantly. The right combo of abx's got rid of it....Now my wife experiences it. I head for the hills...since i know it's not her fault...I just stay out of the way until it calms down a bit. LOL. I had to learn tons of restraint and in all honesty when i got back down to normal this helped me deal with things in general. I'm so mellow now it's ridiculous. Almost to a fault.

take care
Hi Canthinkstr8
I really don't like the feeling of having no control over my emotions but I feel a little more normal this morning Herxs for almost 2 weeks now No blast at all Some sort of flu to add to that Yuk How long have you and your wife been going through this lyme ? Thanks for the encouragement
Ryebeach

Old 04-11-2007, 11:32 PM   #10
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballady3 View Post
Lyme Rage is a very real symptom of Lyme that supposedly results from too much ammonia build-up in the brain. I have had it severely in the past and know of many others who have also experienced this.

There are things you can take that will help reduce the ammonia. Jernigan's pale spike lobelila is one suggestion. AKA (alpha ketoglutaric acid) will also help with this. I have tried both these products with good results.
Thanks for the tip I will look into it I am willing to try most anything that might help balance all of this lyme stuff
Ryebeach

Old 04-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #11
(female)

ryebeach HB User

hi leb
I am just now coming back to a little so called normal Could hardly get out of bed for over a week slept forever it seemed just not to have the pain which I think added to the rage This is not a new problem with my husband just still surfacing at the therapist My first visit with him He does I believe have alot of remorse but I think there is really no excuse for his actions but trying to get through it without dumping a almost 20 yr marraige Only time will tell if we can Thanks for the encouragement Hope you are doing a little better Ryebeach

Old 04-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #12
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psalm142 View Post
Hi, Beach-
I've been exactly where you are and know that it's no picnic. Unfortunately, I took my rage at the injustice of spousal antics out on other people. I was really a miserable person, and none of you would have wanted to know me. I wore my pain on my sleeve, and nearly everyone bumped into it and caused me to scream out. I cried on the way to work and on the way back. No-one understood or had pity on me. My spouse was NOT in their right mind!

Well, turns out, neither was I. Fortunately, I met someone who introduced me to a man who loves me unconditionally... someone who knows all the pain and loves me anyway. He sees the uncontrollable temper and the reasons for it, and wants to take it all away. I love this man- and all he has done for me. In my suffering, knowing I couldn't do this life in my strength alone anymore, I gave it all to him, and it has made all the difference.

My friends have seen my transformation and can't believe it's the same person! I still live in the valley of pain and am not able to think straight, but his love has changed me. It can change you, too, if you want. I'd like to introduce you to him... his name is Jesus!

I have some sort of Lyme again, can't even work due to fatigue and joint pain, but am at peace knowing that I can get through this. The daily irritants are but small, bumpy rotten potatoes compared to the Hope of eternal life! Strange as it may sound, I am thankful for the pain of broken hopes and dreams and physical shortcomings, and for the pity parties I can have, because it led me to the only true Hope there is.

My hope for you is that you, too, will find it.
Hi Psalm
I do know jesus and believe he will get me through alot of this I am usually a pretty rational person with dealing with situations and feeling compassion for other people I think on the respect of pay it forward when people are in need and it will come back 2 fold so I guess I will get through this also
Thank you for your prayers
Ryebeach

Old 04-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #13
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Hi tinuvel
I think you are absolutely right When an individual cheats they choose to then they say I don't know why This to me means they don't want to tell you why I have no plans on reading any book After my rage my husband now finally realizes I think for the first time how selfish he has been and how much I have been hurting with this Lyme I will just have to see how things go I am usually a very rational person but he does have alot of explaining to do and needs to own up to his cheating Now he needs to earn my trust again I don't think I will ever think the same about him but maybe can make it through it somehow along with this lyme
Thanks Ryebeach

Old 04-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

I just wanted to mention a resource that I have found to be invaluable. Check out some tapes by Cloud-Townsend resources called Monday Night Solutions. They are two Christian psychologists, Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend (although many of their materials are suitable for all denominations) who have created books, tapes, and other publications addressing many issues and especially relationships and marriage. What I find unique about their approach is their clarity and practicality. I found these to be extremely helpful in getting myself "clear" when dealing with that same type of situation.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:23 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebeach View Post
Thanks for the tip I will look into it I am willing to try most anything that might help balance all of this lyme stuff
Ryebeach
Oops, sorry, getting my products mixed up. Flush Niacin is good for air hunger, not Lyme Rage.

Last edited by music12; 04-13-2007 at 04:04 AM.

Closed Thread