It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Burning eyeballs & other symptoms since I'm off abx

Greetings friends.

I'm still off the antibiotics. My left leg Lyme rash came back, then went away. How on earth did that happen without any drugs in my bloodstream??

I had one good afternoon, but that's all. Being covered in dog poo would feel better than I usually do.

I have fevers, fatigue like you wouldn't believe, general aches & pains, lightheadedness and dizziness, some slight vertigo, no balance, no energy, and some headaches. I am swollen up like a grape and I've been doing a lot of crying with thoughts of suicide. And also burning hot eyeballs.

My eyeballs burn so badly that I want to pop them out and replace them with ice cubes.

Anyone have burning hot eyeballs?

Anyone found relief from it?

Peace and health to all.
Mickie

Old 04-11-2007, 01:05 AM   #2
(female)

ryebeach HB User
Re: Burning eyeballs & other symptoms since I'm off abx

Hi Blues
I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so awful are you sure you want to continue off the meds It sounds like your symptons are back I can see by your posts it has been a very long time for you but don't try to rush it I have had the burning eyeballs before I started on the Rochephin not so much now I used alot of eyedrops and cold compresses when I could Felt as though they were going to colapse in my head closing them was difficult to try to sleep at night None of these since The IV I wish you luck and you are in my thoughts Please speak to the doc about it
Ryebeach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 04:43 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ktp812 HB User

I have the burning eyes too. It has been on and off since I first became sick which was almost 3 years now. I carry around bottles of the artificial tears and use them constantly. Sometimes they burn so badly I can't read or even watch TV, I just have to close them. My eye doctor told me to make sure I keep them moist at night even though they are closed so I also have some next to my bed. I should buy stock in the stuff...
Kim

Old 04-11-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi MicB. when do you go back to the doctor? It's been awhile since you have been on any med's hasn't it?

Try and remember (write it down) to ask her about putting you on an antiviral....such as VALTREX...

How is the sleeping problem?

Sending you lots of Prayer's and Hugs!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
(female)

Psalm142 HB User

Hi, 6Blues-

Wow. Sorry to hear about all your trouble... It's hard to 'know' what to do when you're feeling so blue. I don't know how I would have made it so far w/o God's amazing grace in my life. I empathize with your pain- it's been a more or less constant companion of mine, too, for 4 years or so.

You are not alone. Praying for God to touch you with his healing hand.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the support!!

I'm on Jernigan right now, trying to see if it'll work without my having to go back in antibiotics. I see Dr. E tomorrow morning.

Jojo - I wrote down in my notebook in large red ink to ASK DR. E ABOUT EBV, CMV, HHV 6 and HSV 1. I will not forget this time.

I will get some artificial tears and give 'em a try. My eyes aren't bad when I wake up (7am), but around lunchtime - the burning starts and then by bedtime they feel like hot coals.

Peace and health to all,
McBlues

Last edited by 6Blues; 04-11-2007 at 12:28 PM.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #7
(female)

lizzie518 HB User

I get that feeling in my eyes. To me, it geels almost as if there is a "fever" behind my eyes - like they are actually hot. Sometimes they even tear. I also have my days of hopelessness. I had one this weekend and had a long 3 or 4 hour cry. Sometimes it helps to go ahead and just cry it out. I'm blessed to have a wonderful, amazing, supportive husband to sit and console me, but it all still just gets overwhelming. This board is a tremendous support! My biggest fear is that I will never be well or my test results won't come back lyme and no one will know what's wrong with me.
I so hope you are feeling better at the end of the day.
Lizzie

Old 04-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hope things go well for you today at the doc!

Keep us posted...

Hugs......

Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

My appt was at 9am this morning, so I told work that I would be late.

When my alarm went off, I felt so crummy and sick and I was so tired that I turned it off and went back to sleep for slept till 11am.

I feel terrible for blowing off my doctor, but boy did it feel good to sleep.

I guess I'll reschedule.

I'm still feeling crappy: headache, fever, burning eyeballs, sore throat, aches & pains, etc. I just want to go to sleep. How could I be so darned tired and not be able to sleep?

Hope everyone is well or at least on the way to being well.

Peace and health to all,
McBlues

Old 04-13-2007, 07:07 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

MicBlues....

Sorry you missed your appt.

BUT GLAD YOU GOT SOME SLEEP....

Hope you can get back to the doctor soon....

Maybe the tintcures will kick in soon...that would be awesome!

Thinking of you....

hugs...

Old 04-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #11
(female)

arcticablue HB User

Hi 6Blues! I used to feel really crappy like that until I started taking Dr. Jernigan's products and Wobenzym N. As far as the burning eyeballs go, I would put heat on them. The bugs want the cold...but you need heat! I have an infrared sauna and would always sit with my eyes by the heater (lids closed) until I got relief from the head and eye pain. It always seemed to get worse at the beginning of the treatment...but then better by the end the sauna session. I haven't had that symptom or headaches since doing a couple of Hydrogen peroxide IV's back in August of '06. I would really like to go have a few more H2O2 IV's, but my whole family is sick...and I want to make sure that the children get all that they need, first. That H2O2 is great stuff! I noticed that the majority of the Lyme pain would stay away for at least 4 weeks after a treatment. My theory is that if one could have a treatment every two weeks (or every week) for a few months, you might be able to catch the different life cycles of some of the bugs and come close to killing many of them. I don't think I'm having any issues with Babesia at all. Those killer headaches (like being thrown 150ft from a vehicle and letting your head smash into a brick wall and then feel like a cheese grater grate your brain) have disappeared since the H2O2 treatments...and I haven't had them for over 8 months now. I don't sweat like a pig anymore either. Oh, since starting the Jernigan protocol, I no longer feel toxic...and I'm not taking antibiotics. I did antibiotics at first, but noticed a real difference (for the better) without them. Dr. J just might have something going here! I can live life again!!!!! I do hope that you get to feeling better. If you don't have a sauna, try a heating pad on your eyelids. Like I stated...it might feel like it's becoming more painful, but after a few more minutes you should experience some relief. Hang in there!

Much luv,
Jamie

Old 04-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Jamie. I have a heating pad around here somewhere, but no way can I get out bed tonight.

crappy crappy crappy.

Someone please kill me and end this misery?

Old 04-15-2007, 05:00 AM   #13
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Hi Blues
I know how difficult the pain is My GP had to put me on 30 mg timed released Morphine to help relieve the miserable pain I couldn't stand it along with other pain meds These buggers are relentless Heat does help sometimes heat first the ice has helped me in the past Crashed for 5 hours yesterday afternoon after just attempting to clean my messy house Hang in there I know too well of the thoughts of they shoot horses don't they but WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS so hang in there Scares the heck out of you some days I know The GP also had me try some neurontin for the nerve pain seems to help me somewhat We are here for you let me know how you are doing I am sorry you are having such a bad bout
Ryebeach

Old 04-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Hey, this is one I really could never explain. The burning eyes..feels like they are splitting almost...I was wondering if anyone felt the same since I hadn't read it here.
I've reached the point now when the only time I have difficulty with it, is if my detox baths are too hot, or too long, if I don't get enough rest or eat enough prior to the detox bath. In other words, it seems when my energy is drained to a certain level then my system seems to try and pull from places it shouldnt for energy resources...thats when I start to get anxious and paranoid.... but as the disease continues to leave my body, I've been getting away with less rest and less eating without suffering the burning eyes and chronic fatigue.
If my doctor had not prescribed xanax for the anxiety, I would never have been able to sleep through the last two years of herxing.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Testing123

Last edited by itsmylife; 04-15-2007 at 07:58 PM.

Closed Thread