It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 06:48 AM   #1
(female)

mamoo HB User
Fatigue

I was dignosed with lyme in November, went through 2 months of Pencillin & doxolyine. All seemed well until the last couple of days. Yesterday I spent the whole day in bed, sleeping, have some aches and pains in the chest and upper back. Could this be signs of the lymes coming back, and if so should I contact my doctor? In general I have been feeling well, and my doctor says that are so many signs to lymes. I don't want to look foolish, but if it has returned guess I need to have it checked out. Also have a small headache and small sore throat. Any suggestions.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Fatigue

Hi mamoo, welcome to the board!

What were the doses of the antibitoics you took? How long were you sick before getting diagnosed?

Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

It is likely that you were not treated long enough and/or agressively enough. It is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. It is estimated that 60% of people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. Were you ever tested for these?

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's 2005 Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines For Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses. He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many Lyme doctors follow his protocols. I also recommend the book "Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease (2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner.

Hang in there okay? Good help is available, and you are not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
(female)

Lebnin HB User

Hi Mamoo, Glad you fould the boards. they have helped me enormously. Ticker has outstanding advice. Yes you can still have lyme and no you are not foolish to think so. i hope your doctor is easy to talk to so you can explain how you are feeling. Please read more posts on lyme and you will understand more about the disease. If you doctor does not believe that you may still be experiencing lyme problems , you will need find a lyme literate doctor in your area. Many doctors still don't understand lyme disease and many do not treat long enough. Most important is you and don't settle if your doctor disagrees. Take care

Old 04-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #4
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Hi Mammo
I also had the headaches and sore throat issue with my lyme they have never went away so far Bad herxing for almost 2 weeks with the sore throat and headaches and fever pain and fatigue There are quite a few coinfections that go along with lyme so check further if you think you are still sick Have you been tested through Igenexs for coinfections Do find a Lyme Literate doctor if you think you are still experiencing symptoms They will get to the bottom of it
Good luck and let us know
Ryebeach

Closed Thread