It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Beachgirl0916 HB User
Where were you infected? How Long have you been sick? How sick are you?

Hi....I was just wondering where everyone else was infected with Lyme disease and/or Co-infections. Also How long you have been sick (or diagnosed). And how sick you are (or were).

Infected: Long Island New York

3 Tick bites I know of (Probably have had a LOT more...considering I live on Long Island..and my whole family has had tick bites and my dog gets 20 at a time on her at times...)

The bites were at ages 11, 15, and 17 (2 Bullseye rashes) Diagnosed 27 times not tested for Lyme. "You are too sick to have Lyme" is what about 30 different doctors told me when I HAD the bullseye rash...so it was diagnosed as Cellulitis...then Cancer...then when I stopped walking it was Gullian Barre....then Muscular Dystrophy...LOL...about 30 others too

I have been sick since I am 11. I have been the most severely sick since age 15/16 though.

I am a really severe case, from being infected for 8 years w/ no treatment, and recieving treatment for misdiagnosis'. The top 7 LLMDs here in NY say I am one of the worst cases. I cant walk or move my legs, have shaking , seizures, I have light/sound sensitivity, a severe headache, and about 60+ other symptoms that I wont bore you with

....Where was everyone else infected?? How sick are you?? How long have you been sick?? Jessica

Old 04-20-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
Re: Where were you infected? How Long have you been sick? How sick are you?

Was infected summer of 05. In alabama. Been sick since my birthday aug. 22 of 2005. Ive been so sick i would sleep all day..wakke up for a few hours been in misserable pain. Didn't leave the house *besides going to a dr.* for 2 years. I had head pressure, dizzyness, heart pain, chest pain, muscle pain, body pain, side pain, heavy fatigue, flu symptoms, brain fog, congestion in my ear, eye pressure, tmj symptoms, lost hair, anxiety, worrying, went untreated all the way up to this jan. And i went to a lyme dr. he put me on zithro 250-mg. twice a day. And flaygl 250 mg twice a day. I've been on it almost 3 months now. I feel better then i did. But im still heavily fatigued...and just like dazy alot, run down, just different things. I feel 80-90%...but i get sick really easily, like colds/sinus's stuff like that. I'm about to start pulsing. Taking my medince only one week a month.he says that should help me alot.
-mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Beachgirl0916 HB User

I am glad you are getting better at least. I didnt get diagnosed for 8 years...so I guess that could be why Im not getting better? I dont know really...but also doctors are scared to treat me because I am really severe and cant move my legs or anything...all from Lyme, it amazes me everyday what this disease can do to you! I guess after a year of antibiotics I am about 5% better. I used to not be able to talk in sentences at one point...and Now I can so that accounts for the 5%, other than that...everything else is the same or worse.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Beachgirl0916 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4Courtney View Post
Well I'm thinking i got this thing while I went to Ethiopia or i could have gotten it out in California, who knows but it seems to be the closest thing to whatever I'm experiencing (including the numerous doctors saying that its something else or nothing at all, ha).
-----Have you seen a Tropical/Infectious disease doctor about diseases that can Occur in Ethiopia...or is your doctor certain it is definitely 90-100% LYME. I thought you had siad the tests were normal/neg. I would explore Ethiopia...since your symptoms started after that trip...that is suspicious!!

----And dont let them tell you NOTHING is wrong... you know your body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4Courtney View Post
I got my normal year end flu. i started having pretty bad hypoglycemic symptoms and lots of migraines. i got 2 infections from my flu. Later, to add to I got back pain. .... i was getting sinus headaches that were not normal. pressure behind my eyes really bad so i went to the er a couple of times but they just sent me on my way with a bottle of vicadin. It got worse from there. Got narcolepsy type symptoms, burning in my neck and shoulders. Other weird things as well all this time like weird skin infections and rashes that were all treated separately.I would wake up feeling like i was comming down with something at least two times a week by this time. I lost my second preschool job because i had 2 colds, 2 migraines, and a 2 week flu in a matter of 4 months. all attributed to depression, migraines, and working with the little ones. Oh and i was starting to get allergy shots. January started the really bad thinking problems, i noticed in class, i felt funny, i couldnt think right ).
---Have you seen an Immunologist??? All those infections could be that you have a very depleted immune system that you are not able to fight off anything and you are susceptible to getting infections.....

---I had narcolepsy when I First got Lyme when I was 11....I would fall down when walking, when eating my head would hit the table...I would just fall in a hallway and sleep...it would happen about 20 times a day. I know a girl w/ Lyme who had it happen 400 times a day...Is that what you had?? Its HORRIBLE!

Closed Thread