It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
(female)

lizzie518 HB User
picc line without home health care?

I saw my nuerologist who is not an llmd today and even he agreed that I should probably do the IV Rocephin. Unfortunately, my health insurance does not pay for any home health care under any circumstance. So - has anyoen done IV abx without home health care? Maybe going to a facility once a weel to get the line flushed/ dressing changed? I really don't think we can afford to pay the home health care on our own! Thanks as always, for your experience, opnions, and advice!

Lizzie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
(female)

dianneom HB User
Re: picc line without home health care?

I drove 34 miles one way 5 days a week for 180 infusions. Can't say it worked any better then the oral meds I was on. It was also very costly with the price of gas and the number of weekly copays I had.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Beachgirl0916 HB User

Yes, I see my LLMd every week anyway, and my PCP is also an LLMD...so if any emergencies happened both my LLMD and PCP/LLMD are within 20-50 minutes from my house. My LLMDs nursing staff oversaw the PICC line, changed the dressing...etc...

Old 04-27-2007, 10:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

If you know any RN's or LPN's, you might want to ask them. My daughter is an RN and did my dressing change. I did the rest. Its not hard if you have clear directions, have them written and lay everything out on the table in the order they are used.

Hope it goes well.
Prayers....Marsha

Old 04-28-2007, 04:14 AM   #5
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Hi Lizzie
My home health care only comes 1 a week I do the rest Your Doctors office should be able to do the rest Good luck with the Picc Line Did you get it put in yet ? Keep in mind it takes a long time sometimes to completely irradicate the symptons so give it time and if you have to fight for the coverage from your insurance do so Keep in mind the herx reaction can be extreme sometimes so don't be afraid to ask for pain meds from your doctors Good luck and let us know how you are doing
Ryebeach

Closed Thread