It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 05:29 AM   #1
(female)

TropicalTrace HB User
Appt with LLMD

I finally took the leap of faith and booked an appointment with a LLMD.
What should I expect?

Thanks,
Tracy

Old 05-21-2007, 07:14 AM   #2
(male)

agm08001 HB User
Re: Appt with LLMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalTrace View Post
What should I expect?

Thanks,
Tracy
Hi Tracy - I am still relatively new tothis (just joied the forum the other day) but have had Lyme since last year.

For the first appointment, the Dr will probably ask a lot of questions in regards to your medical history, what symptoms you feel, how low things have been going on, etc. At least that's what mine did - I'm pretty sure it is standard. Depending on your symptoms, etc. the Dr may have you have your blood tested.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a bit of an answer. I am sure one of the more senior veterans here can give you a lot more info.

Good luck!!

Andy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalTrace View Post
What should I expect?

Thanks,
Tracy
Tracy, Hi, I am so glad that you are going to se an LLMD. That is a major step forward right there! The LLMD will most likely spend about an hour to hour and 1/2 with you going over your symptom history. If it is possible write it all down and fax it to their office ahead of time and then bring a copy with you so you and your doc can be looking at it at the same time. Write in chronological order when you first strted having symptoms, and stress the fact that you haven't felt good since they started. If you saw the tick attachment and/or rash begin there. be breif about your symptoms, date, how you felt, don't go on about how you got out of bed, went to the store found the bite while at kids games, etc. This will just take up time, stick to the facts, the symptoms and time frame. Don't be afraid to let the LLMD know how bad you feel and how much this has affected your life though. Have ALL lab work from previous doc's with you, make copies for the doc so that he /she doesn't have to, bring copies for you to glance at as the doc is going over them, this helps our scrambled brains to stay focased. Just don't forget everything at home, yes we tend to do that!! I fhe honestly feels that LD is your problem he will most lkely start you on ABX's right away, while waiting for the test results to come back. Ask the LLMD which lab they are using to test. If it is not Igenex, request that they use Igenex for the initial Western Blot. You must pay for the Igenex tests up front, so make sure you have a CC with you. The other tests, co-infections, CD 57 can be tested by Quest or MDL, they will bill your ins. for you. Some LLMD's (like mine) send you to an independant lab to have your blood drawn, make sure with the LLMD that this lab will draw for Igenex and send it for you. You may have to pay a drawing fee up fron. Around $20.00. The Igenex test takes about 15 working days to get back to your doc. The other tests about 4-5. good Luck, and let us know how it goes, Sincerely, Sarah

Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 AM   #4
(female)

TropicalTrace HB User

Thanks for the info. A little nervous about the appointment am trying to get everything inorder before the appointment. I am going by my GP's office tomorrow to get copies of all my test results from the last 7 months.
I sure hope I don't forget them at home as it an 18 hour plane ride back. LOL
I have already written up a list of my symptoms, but just reviewed it and made it a little clearer. Since I've gotten sick I can't get to the point, use alot more words than I need. Added a couple symptoms too as I can never remember them all at once.

Tracy

Closed Thread