It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User
Romans 12:12- How are you doing?

Hi Romans-

Changed my name if you're confused. How are you? I have been wondering.

How is it going with the new LLMD? What about your symptoms? And the BF?

Sorry for all the questions.

Also, I heard there is an LLMD in some hot water in WI, wondering if you have heard anything about that.

Smyle

Last edited by Smyle; 05-27-2007 at 06:51 AM.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User
Re: Romans 12:12- How are you doing?

Hi Everybody!! Sorry again that it's taken forever for me to get back to the boards. For everyone who has been wondering how I've been - one word - FANTASTIC!! Finally I am better! Well when I say better I mean mostly well....I am still having contiuing joint pain, memory issues and sleep problems. but I would say almost 85% of my pain and problems from lyme are gone, or at least in "remission" depending on what studies and research you go by. But my 3 docs pretty much agree that right now the things I'm still dealing with will probably be my "rewards" from living with lyme for so long, but like I tell everybody else I don't care, I'll take it and be happy with it. It's such a 180 from where I was that the things that are still here are at least livable now.

I have to say that my doc, Dr. Meress in Fon Du Lac did wonders for me. It was a long road, some of you have known me for the past 2 years, but I've been dealing with this lyme now for probably half of my life and the last year when I finally found Dr. Meress was been a lot of rebuilding of all my systems and then finally a vigarous IV treatment. Which so far has done a great job. I'm still having issues with my thyroid, my hormones, my circulation and the brain lesions haven't gone yet. But like I said I've made a huge recovery. It's such a blessing.

So now I'm busy rebuilding my body, enjoying being outside and active again. But I'm being careful and taking it in doses I can handle and when I can handle them. In fact, I'm actually going to be running a 5K here in the next month or so. That in itself is huge for me. Prior to becoming sick I was training for a marathon so this is one step in the right direction for taking back my life.

Also on the boyfriend front, for those of you who remember - the last guy was a loser, becoming abusive, and a user of me and of drugs, and just plain a drain on me and not healthy for me to be around....needless to say he has been gone now for 5 months. I moved back home to my parents in MN. I haven't spoken to him since the day I left. And I couldn't be happier. In fact, I have found the man of my dreams. I have always said I need a guy like my dad is for my mom, and boy is this guy right on. I have never felt so special in my life and he has seen me sick (met him while I was getting the iv's) and he still loves me and has been there for me constantly. I am so over the moon for him. I guess it's true when it rains it pours, this time it's pouring happiness!!!

Anyway I could go on and on, but I just wanted to post and check in to let you all know how this newly turned 30 girl was doing. Turns out turning 30 was the best thing to happen to me, looks like it will be a great year!! I hope this cheers you all up a bit, I know how hard it is to think there is no light at the end....but there is. I'm in it right now and I can't wait till the day I can hear the same from all of you my friends.

Thanks again for being there for me when I needed hope you guys. I couldn't have made it to where I am now without you all - that includes you cj, marsha, maureen, brid, mickie, gerri, sleeper, and all you others that are escaping my brain at the moment. You are all the best and I keep you all in my prayers for your own recoveries.

I'll keep in touch but for now I'm going outside to play!!!

Shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Shanna, I am so glad you are improving!! This is fantastic news! You have come a long way

Old 06-28-2007, 07:19 PM   #4
(female)

silentstones HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans12:12 View Post
Hi Everybody!! Sorry again that it's taken forever for me to get back to the boards. For everyone who has been wondering how I've been - one word - FANTASTIC!! Finally I am better! Well when I say better I mean mostly well....I am still having contiuing joint pain, memory issues and sleep problems. but I would say almost 85% of my pain and problems from lyme are gone, or at least in "remission" depending on what studies and research you go by. But my 3 docs pretty much agree that right now the things I'm still dealing with will probably be my "rewards" from living with lyme for so long, but like I tell everybody else I don't care, I'll take it and be happy with it. It's such a 180 from where I was that the things that are still here are at least livable now.

I have to say that my doc, Dr. Meress in Fon Du Lac did wonders for me. It was a long road, some of you have known me for the past 2 years, but I've been dealing with this lyme now for probably half of my life and the last year when I finally found Dr. Meress was been a lot of rebuilding of all my systems and then finally a vigarous IV treatment. Which so far has done a great job. I'm still having issues with my thyroid, my hormones, my circulation and the brain lesions haven't gone yet. But like I said I've made a huge recovery. It's such a blessing.

So now I'm busy rebuilding my body, enjoying being outside and active again. But I'm being careful and taking it in doses I can handle and when I can handle them. In fact, I'm actually going to be running a 5K here in the next month or so. That in itself is huge for me. Prior to becoming sick I was training for a marathon so this is one step in the right direction for taking back my life.

Also on the boyfriend front, for those of you who remember - the last guy was a loser, becoming abusive, and a user of me and of drugs, and just plain a drain on me and not healthy for me to be around....needless to say he has been gone now for 5 months. I moved back home to my parents in MN. I haven't spoken to him since the day I left. And I couldn't be happier. In fact, I have found the man of my dreams. I have always said I need a guy like my dad is for my mom, and boy is this guy right on. I have never felt so special in my life and he has seen me sick (met him while I was getting the iv's) and he still loves me and has been there for me constantly. I am so over the moon for him. I guess it's true when it rains it pours, this time it's pouring happiness!!!

Anyway I could go on and on, but I just wanted to post and check in to let you all know how this newly turned 30 girl was doing. Turns out turning 30 was the best thing to happen to me, looks like it will be a great year!! I hope this cheers you all up a bit, I know how hard it is to think there is no light at the end....but there is. I'm in it right now and I can't wait till the day I can hear the same from all of you my friends.

Thanks again for being there for me when I needed hope you guys. I couldn't have made it to where I am now without you all - that includes you cj, marsha, maureen, brid, mickie, gerri, sleeper, and all you others that are escaping my brain at the moment. You are all the best and I keep you all in my prayers for your own recoveries.

I'll keep in touch but for now I'm going outside to play!!!

Shanna
Hi Romans 12:12

I am so glad to hear you are doing so well . You were the inspiration for me to seeking out lyme treatment through the lld Dr.Crist . I was looking for some info on dr crist . I googed dr Crist and up pooped your post. I have wanted to talk to you every since.Did you feel dr c was able to help you. it seems he send me a bill everytime i'd just call his office. Did you feel he was in line with the other dr. you are now seeing .
i have been going to dr. crist now for about 3 mos .I was resently put on rosephen ,but about 3weeks ago i had to get off, do to insurrants. What was the most effect abx or combo of abx you took ,what are you now doing to build your other systems.
I am so glad to hear you are able to run ,much less run a 5k . My daughter just ran her first a couple mos ago . She feel in love. She's hooked. I uses to be a runner prelyme and have allways dreamed of running with my girl . However i have been sick since she was 9 .She's now 25. i don't think she even remembers mom really could run. all she sees is i can hardlly walk now.
I had thought i'd switch drs. Beings i don't feel i can really take my time to talk with dr. c . or even call to ask a question without a new bill coming . i was shocked the first time I called and spoke to the nurse ,i got a bill like the next day . .I just don't want to jump the boat that could be my only life line. who are you seeing now . How did you feel about dr. c. What was his order of treatment for you. I'm just so over whelmed with it all . On top of all the llyme i let some silly dr talk me into back surgery twice the last 2 years fussing 9 disc . All between 5/06 & 5/07. I'm so stupid . How do you like who your seeing now.

Last edited by silentstones; 07-02-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

Oh my gosh!!!

If this isn't the greatest news I've heard since....!!!

About to run a 5k??? Romans, there was a time that I was truly worried if you would regain your footing on life - I hate to admit that, but you were so sick, so weak... and today! Running, in love, and living life!!

Such a great post! Over the last year I've popped in a few times so I knew you were on the road, but THIS is great news!!!

Hats off to your doc, too...

Take care friend... cj

Old 07-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
(female)

silentstones HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstones View Post
Hi Romans 12:12

I am so glad to hear you are doing so well . You were the inspiration for me to seeking out lyme treatment through the lld Dr.Crist . I was looking for some info on dr crist . I googed dr Crist and up pooped your post. I have wanted to talk to you every since.Did you feel dr c was able to help you. it seems he send me a bill everytime i'd just call his office. Did you feel he was in line with the other dr. you are now seeing .
i have been going to dr. crist now for about 3 mos .I was resently put on rosephen ,but about 3weeks ago i had to get off, do to insurrants. What was the most effect abx or combo of abx you took ,what are you now doing to build your other systems.
I am so glad to hear you are able to run ,much less run a 5k . My daughter just ran her first a couple mos ago . She feel in love. She's hooked. I uses to be a runner prelyme and have allways dreamed of running with my girl . However i have been sick since she was 9 .She's now 25. i don't think she even remembers mom really could run. all she sees is i can hardlly walk now.
I had thought i'd switch drs. Beings i don't feel i can really take my time to talk with dr. c . or even call to ask a question without a new bill coming . i was shocked the first time I called and spoke to the nurse ,i got a bill like the next day . .I just don't want to jump the boat that could be my only life line. who are you seeing now . How did you feel about dr. c. What was his order of treatment for you. I'm just so over whelmed with it all . On top of all the llyme i let some silly dr talk me into back surgery twice the last 2 years fussing 9 disc . All between 5/06 & 5/07. I'm so stupid . How do you like who your seeing now.
Sorry i couldn't finish post . IT is so hard for me to sit at the computer. I'm so confussed on what to do . Limited with income ,travel abillity, all the other stuff . i'm sure you can relate. i hope you can make sence of this . mentally abillities are a biggie. confussion, forgetfullness , spelling, reading , and just making small dissicions are so impossable for me. hum-dum , hum-drum. i hate being so negitive. well any words of wisdom would be helpfull and truly appreciated.i just wish someone could tell me do this . i've been told try this , try that till i am burnt on the medical field. i'm feel like the women that had gone to doctors and spent all she had and was none the better.the good part of that was she was healed in the end.I'll never give up hope in the Lordhough our faith grows weak still He is faithfull.
thank you for your inspiration to all of us. deb

Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Smyle.....I have a question that you don't have to answer...but I just can't remember who you are...and I know this isn't Lymie fog...

We got the confusion takern care of that MicBlues is not a male but really a Female and we got the itsmylife isn't really mike...
hehehe....

I just can't come up with who you once were....

anyone have a guess?

Hugs...

Old 07-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Okay I feel real silly...I just figured it out!

Sending you big hugs Frango!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

Hi all! Thought I'd pop in again and see how everyone's doing. Seems like the new faces have kept on growing. So sad. Lymes seems to be everywhere these days. I wish there was something I could do for you all, I wish there was something I could do for myself - as I have bad news and good news again.

First is the bad...remember my 5K I was going to run/walk in July.???...well that never happened. I had a relapse of my lyme. I guess my Iv's didn't get it all, so after a month of orals and then 2 weeks with no anti's at all I felt my symptoms coming back again. All of them. And it happened so fast. It was devastating.

But on the good side, I got my butt back to my docs and they put me on another 4 weeks of rocephin right away. So that's what I've been up to last month. 2 grams of anti's everyday. I'm trying to be optimistic and think this has got to be it, but only time will tell. Yesterday was my last treatment, now I am on what looks to be like 6 months of doxy. I still have to check with my doc and make sure it wasn't a error on the rx. But I would think that would have to do it....hopefully.

I will say that things are different this time around with the end of my IV. I am definitely slowing things down now and only walking on the treadmill and running a bit here and there just to maintaiin muscle. I was sooooo excited in May when I was feeling better that I couldn't contain myself, so this time I want to do everything I can to make sure I don't wear my body down or aggrevate anything so as to help any lyme that's left make another comeback. I don't think I could take another one.

Well I wish I had better news, but I'll keep you all posted and hope that this is the last nail in the lyme coffin. At least my boyfriend is still amazing and I'm still head over heels for him. Now just have to wait and see if my health will stay good now.....fingers crossed and tons of prayers along the way.

Hope you all are making your own strides in recovery. I think of you all so often and am so thankful for you all. I'll keep checking in and at some point let you alk know how things are progressing.

Your friend....
Shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 08-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Shanna. Sooooooo good to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And your words are so uplifting! What a long journey it's been for you.

I remember when you living with your parents and your boyfriend was far away and hard it was for you to take the ride to see him and how it wasn't fun for you.

Then when you went back to live with him, you were sad because of his drug use and how bad you felt physically.

What a long, journey it's been for you kiddo.

Here you are, running around outside - WOW!!

Your character strength and your faith speak volumes.

I am so very happy to hear from you. I think of you often, so remember that you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Peace and continued health to you my friend.

Keep in touch, okay?

Love and warm regards,
Mickie

Old 08-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi Bluesy-

How are you? How is the picc?

Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Blues View Post

What a long, journey it's been for you kiddo.

Here you are, running around outside - WOW!!

Your character strength and your faith speak volumes.

I am so very happy to hear from you. I think of you often, so remember that you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Peace and continued health to you my friend.

Keep in touch, okay?

Love and warm regards,
Mickie

Thanks sooooo much for the lovely thoughts Mickie! You are and have been such a kind friend. So how are you? Frango says that you have PICC now? How is that going? Are you feeling any better? Sending you prayers and love too, hopefully you are finally on the way to being well again.

Prayers...
Shanna

Closed Thread