It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #1
(female)

jlewan01 HB User
Question Anybody Ever Feel This Way?

I've been on ABX's now for 4 months I was on Doxy but it didnt seem to help too much so as of last week I'm not Zithromax and Amoxicillin. Ever since my 1st month on Doxy I've been have these weird aches and cramps in the muslces in my back along my spine which make me really sick to my stomach, not to mention my anxiety has gone through the roof! It's really weird because my backs not painful but the ache is annoying and for some reason it makes me sick. A lot of the time when I go to bed it not to achie but by the time I get up in the morning it's starting to hurt again! And the anxiety has also been REALLY bad since my first month on Doxy, it's gotten so bad I dont even want to go to the grocery store or in any store for the matter, and this is coming from someone who like to shop. I have always had anxiety problems but never to this degree! I know it's not from the ABX's because I took and break from them (Doxy for a week) and I still had the problem and even with switching the ABX's it's the same. Has anybody else noticed their vision has gotten more blurry after taking ABX's then before they took them! Wonderful Lyme has messed with my vision (floaters, blurry,light, night vison, focus, shadows,) but it's seems like my distance vision and the blurring has gotten worse since I began ABX's! I hhope it's a sign the ABX's are doing something!! Sorry to make this so long this whole Lyme thing has me very frustrated after being sick for so long i'm sure you all can relate

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
(female)

Janeti HB User
Re: Anybody Ever Feel This Way?

I Have Been On Antibiotics For 3 Months And I Still Experiance New And Strange Things On Me Daily. Today My Legs Feel Like Lead Weights And They Are Weak..who Knows, This Is A Strange Journey We Are On...and Yes, The Anxiety Is There, But I Am Sure Its Because We Feel So Crummy. My Dr Gave Me A Rx For Xanax. It Helps. What Can You Do, You Need To Do Whatever It Takes To Make You Feel Better, Until Then It Would Be Nice To Have A Life In The Meantime. Also I Have Been Taking Motrin For The Muscles Aches. Talk To Your Dr, Let Him Know How You Feel. Good Luck

Old 05-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi jlewan01. I don't know if you saw my reply to your previous post. Here it is:

Hi jlewan01, welcome to the board!

It can be difficult to diagnose Lyme. It is not unusual for people to have several different diagnoses before they are diagnosed with Lyme. It is unreal how many symptoms Lyme disease can cause.

It is good you have been diagnosed so you can get the treatment you need. How long have you been on the Doxy?

Are you seeing the Lyme doctor in Saginaw? Besides Lyme, ticks can also transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. It is estimated that 60% of people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. Have you been tested for these?

Are you familiar with the Jarisch-Herxheimer Reaction (herx)? Often, when people who have Lyme take antibiotics, their symptoms become worse or they get new ones. When the antibiotics kill the bacteria, toxins are released making them feel sicker. It can be very scary when it happens, but it is a good sign the antibiotics are working. Although it can vary individually, many people experience this at the beginning of treatment and every three to four weeks.

It is a good idea to document your symptoms daily. One way to do this is to list the three main symptoms you have each day and a numerical rating of their severity, from 1-10. Over time when you review this, you can see when your herxes occur and how you are responding to the meds.

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's 2005 Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines For Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses. He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many Lyme doctors follow his protocols. I also recommend the book "Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease (2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner.

Hang in there okay? It can take time, but with proper treatment you can get better.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
(female)

jlewan01 HB User

I was on Doxy for almost 4 months, not to mention about 15 other supplements that my Dr. gave me and was making to much progress! I week ago I began taking Zithromax 250mg twice a day and Amoxicillin 500 mg twice and day and the combo seems to being doing and little better. He suggested that I could do an IV but with the summer he would be worried about it becoming easily infected, so I chose the try the oral Abx's again. Somedays I feel like i'm feeling better and the next I feel bad! I have read all the books about Lyme that I can find and have a good Lyme Dr.. I think my problem is just that I have been sick for a long time and i'm all ready a very impatient person and as we all know Lyme can be a very frustrating and battle.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #5
(female)

jlewan01 HB User

Thanks for the advice! Since chaning ABX the anxiety seems to be getting a little better, baby steps is what my Dr. always tells me!! I have the generic version of Xanax but it gives me these weird nightmares even when I take it only once during the day. I have had a lot of luck with all the supplements that my Dr. as given me to take. Dont know if you have ever tried ********** juice, since I have been taking it, it has really helped my joint pain in my knees and stiffness in my neck!!

Old 06-04-2007, 05:53 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewan01 View Post
Thanks for the advice! Since chaning ABX the anxiety seems to be getting a little better, baby steps is what my Dr. always tells me!! I have the generic version of Xanax but it gives me these weird nightmares even when I take it only once during the day. I have had a lot of luck with all the supplements that my Dr. as given me to take. Dont know if you have ever tried ********** juice, since I have been taking it, it has really helped my joint pain in my knees and stiffness in my neck!!
Hi jlewan

Xanax used to give me nightmares too so my doctor switched me to Klonopin. I find it help a whole lot and I don't have those nightmares anymore plus it lasts a lot longer. Up to 12 hours or more. Maybe ask your doctor about it.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Chantel

Closed Thread