It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
(female)

Erin524 HB User
How long does the Lyme rash last?

the thread title pretty much says it all...

How long does the rash last?

Can the rash come back?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
(female)

lymesgal HB User
Re: How long does the Lyme rash last?

Hi Erin,

Do you mean a bulls eye rash or more of skin rash, red itchy bumps? I never got the bulls eye rash but I have the other itchy, all over, rash. I've had it for years. It comes and goes in stages. It is very itchy, and I haven't found one single cream, lotion, anti-itch, prescriptions, etc., that helps it. Sometimes it looks like hives and sometimes it will be a hot, red spot on my skin which turns into little itchy bumps the minute I touch or scratch it. The next day, or even hours later, you won't even be able to tell they were there?!

How long have you had the rash?

Peace,
Lymesgal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
(female)

Erin524 HB User

I dont know if I have Lyme yet. (my WB IgG said 23 and 41kda)

My doctor's are being putz's and saying that I have MS. I need to find a LLMD somewhere and see if I can a WB done by Igenex. The one I had last week was processed in Utah somewhere.

I've had 3 or 4 tick bites over about 20 or 30something years. The first one when I was a little girl. In 99/2000 I had 3 ticks on me. (one of them I'm not sure if it bit me) But, I had a weird, itchy, all over rash in early 2000.

The more I learn about Lyme, the more things are making sense to me. I've been having weird itchy rashes for several years (along with a bunch of weird neurological symptoms) I'd been thinking I was having a lot of food and seasonal allergies.

Tonight I read somewhere that someone had a Lyme rash that comes and goes. So, now I'm wonder if that's the deal with me. I'm just having a hard time getting any of the medical people I've been seeing for my problems to even believe me about the possibility of Lyme. I've even gotten yelled at by a nurse at one of my doctor's office, basically telling me I was a nut.

I'm still betting that I'll be fighting doctors for the next few months trying to figure this out.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to find a doctor to do a blood draw on me for an Igenex Western Blot. I think I need some ammo to show the doctors.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

Mine lasted about a year and ahalf. It looked like a giant heat rash. When i was bit, it looked like a bullseye. It would go away then come back. Once i was on medication it went away...and hasn't been back *knock on wood*!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Erin. From what I understand, the rashes can come and go for any length of time and they can occur anywhere, not just where you were bitten.

It is always good to get photos of your rashes. Place something near them, like a coin or ruler, before photographing to give them size definition. They are important documentation.

Closed Thread