It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
(male)

kyle1 HB User
Long Time Sore Throat?

Hi Everybody I had forgot to ask in my last post. Has anybody had a sore throat that has lasted like 3 or more months like me. It's more of like a pain in the neck area kind of were the lymph node is. It's more profound when swallowing. I'v been to my doctor twicw with this and he just seems to be blowing it off likes it's nothing. He's checked my lymph nodes but he say's there not swelled. Ever since this has started i feel sick to my stomach at least 3 or more times a day, almost to the point of being sick. Does this sound like a lymes problem. My doctor just keeps blowing me off that's why I had to go to Millwaukee Wisc and pay out of pocket to see a lymes doctor. After only 20 minutes of talking to him he's says it's lymes. But then after him telling me that I told him alot of my symptoms startred after I had Hep shots. He is a strong beliver that getting hep shot's can cause alot of MS, lupus,als and other autoimmune problems that look and act just like lymes does.

So needless to say I still don't know If I have lymes. But my nuero still won't give me a MS dignoses neither. But as I stated in my last post the doc from wisc said that he would be willing to get me started on a picc line for chronic lymes. So I'm alittle up in arms on what to do because long term antibiotics can cause the body of bad things. Because if I have lymes it will have been for at least 4 years and I'm worried the antibiotics wont help.

My biggest complaint right now is double vision, light sentivness, bad memory.sick to my stomach,tired all the time,weak feeling,and these chills that I get once in awhile are outragiously scary.

I'm just wondering if I had long term lymes would i be alot worse off like some people I have heard about on here. I still can work and all that physically it's just this neuro stuff I can't stand anymore along with a list of things that would take me all night to write.

Well I just had to vent for a while this disease is killing me and I know it's lymes I just can't get my regular doc convinced and untill I do I'm going to have to pay out of pocket for the picc line. I can't inmagine it's going to be to cheap.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2007, 04:47 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ktp812 HB User
Re: Long Time Sore Throat?

Kyle
I am not sure you have read any of my posts but I have had a sore throat for almost 8 months now. I got it 5 days after starting on abx and it basically never goes away. I have had some months where I won't have it for 3-6 days in a row but it always comes back. Some days I feel as though I have a strep throat. My doctor says it is from the abx and I have to believe that since I didn't have one before then. He has switched up the abx trying to get it to go away but no such luck. I am now being tested for co-infections and having another CD-57. I am pretty sure it is just another wonderful symptom.

I can still work too although only part time now. I get very tired during the day and have to really pace myself. I would say fatigue and the sore throat are my two worse symptoms at the moment.

Kim

Old 06-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
Re: Long Time Sore Throat?

I had the exact same thing. Mine eventually went away. But i had a really sore throat for a year or so. I dont exactly remember when it went away. But it finally did.

Closed Thread