It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

jaime78 HB User
results from LLMD appt

I cried the whole way home from my first LLMD appt.

Well, went to my LLMD visit. I don't even know where to begin. I was pretty upset the whole way home. I am not sure I can put this into coherant sentances, so I am just going to ramble....

it's sounds as though most his patients are treated for 3-6 months....

I had given him the list of symptoms of which I circled nearly every single one of them....I really thought that by his looking at that, he'd say "wow, I'd say you probably have lyme"..... he kept trying to give each ones a different reason for having....ie...I have breast discharge and haven't nursed in over 3 years (he said pituitary can be involved in that....I know that, but I've had prolactin levels checked and they are normal), the air hunger, he said could be my anxiety..... but I know when I am having a panic attack, and it's not at the times the air hunger strikes. he said babs symptom is that people wake up soaked in thier bed from sweating so much

anyhow, he gave me a month of omnicef 300mg twice a day, I'm supposed to pee in a cup on day 3, 5 , and 7 to send to igenix. they also took blood for a western blot for igenix.

I'm just not sure about this guy. It's a starting point I guess.... he said of course to take probiotics in the healthfood store, but he doesn't market supps of all kinds....he doesn't believe in that , and thinks its just a way for some of these docs to make money.... but I do believe we need to build up our immune system.

he also kept making comments about the pain meds I take...which I believe to be not that much, and should be on more....after having talked with some people who don't seem as sick as I am or have nearly all the symptoms I do and somehow get morphine, etc... so it makes me feel as though he's not all that compassionate, and God knows he wouldn't help to play around with those meds to make me comfortable.

Problem is finding a pain doc around here who isn't injection happy with steroids! I am lucky that my family doc prescribes what he does, but I know he won't go any higher, it's like the DEA is up everyone's butts around here, it's really sad. And I can't really talk to my regualr doc about going behind his back to a lyme doc right now, for fear of him dropping me, then I would have no meds at all.....

Right now I am mentally exhausted. I really need to find a psychiatrist, I do think I need to be on xanax for my anxiety, and I hear it does help with the pain, but my doc is no fan of that long term....he's given me some here and there, but sparingly. I don't know which way is up anymore, where to turn or what to do.

I guess I'll take these abx, go next month, see what the test results are, and see what happens. It did sound as though he'd treat me even if it's negative, so that's good....but if he only goes for 6 months, that's bad.... he did say he does do IV and injections too....so maybe there's hope...maybe I'm just emotionally charged right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: results from LLMD appt

Hi Jaimie. I am sorry your appointment was disappointing.

Which doctor did you see? You may want to get another opinion.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #3
(female)

tigger123 HB User

Hi Jaime,
What Lyme Dr. did you see.....I went to Hermitage PA to a Dr. Swami who was very thorough and good so if you do decide to get a 2nd opinion I would recommend him. I am in the Akron area in Ohio....where are you located? My Dr. prescribes combunox for my pain which is a antil inflammatory mixed with percocet or oxycotin but it works really well and you take 2 every 6 hours....most docs don't know about this pain med because it is newer but it is much better than straight vicodin. If you want to get together some time to just talk that would be great as I am newly diagnosed as well. I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Bert

Old 06-28-2007, 04:55 AM   #4
(female)

jaime78 HB User

I saw Dr. J in PA..... He has 15 years experiance.... he accepts my insurance, so that's why I choose him. Can't afford right now to pay out of pocket. I guess I will just use this as a starting point and go from there. Take the abx for a while...hope he adds more...for God's sake I have nearly every single symptom, I have been sick for years, I can't even hold my own kids....just gonna take it one day at a time.

Thanks Bert....maybe sometime we'll do that.
j

Closed Thread