It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User
Blood test results are in

Test results received today. I received a call from the doctors office.

IGM positive for Ehrlichiosis, Babesia and Lyme. Just wanted to keep some of my friends here up to date. I feel shocked, but now things make sense.

Last edited by itsmylife; 07-30-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
(female)

mctassi HB User
Re: Blood test results are in

Hey itsmylife,
It's always strange saying congrads to a pos. test. But at least u know and can move forward! How are you feeling? Whats your next move? later, mctassi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Wow a triple-whammy. Sheesh...no wonder you feel so horrible! So, is the doc going to keep you on your regular antibiotics or is he going to put you on new ones? Congrats on a positive blood test! There's light at the end of the tunnel!

Old 07-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #4
(female)

dianneom HB User

Do you know what lab the good doctor used?

Old 07-30-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Hey... Im so happy for you... Did Dr. R.'s call you with the results??? also did you get the picc line yet???

Kelly

Old 07-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

I am so happy that you went to see this Doctor. With proper treatment you should be on your way to healing.

Did you get your picc line in yet?

how's your new lady friend

What has happened with your job? Are they backinng off any?

My thoughts and Prayer's are with you!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi It's My Life-

You must be so relieved to finally have a solid answer. I would be curious to know what lab also, especially for the co-infections... I have never tested positive, but have symptoms of at least Babesia and Bartonella. Do you know if he uses a different lab for co's? I have been tested only at Igenex and only test positive for Lyme.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:56 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Hi All. Thanks so much for your feedback, support and interest.
I checked my credit card statement for the name of the lab. It appears as-

IMMUNOSCIENCES LAB, IN xxxxxxxxx CA

My next appt is not for another four weeks. The Doctors office said it is their practice never to discuss results over the phone but they made an exception in my case.
It is strange to feel good about the diagnosis of several diseases, but I feel thrilled. I don't think anyone but we here who have been searching for answers for so long really understand how wonderful it is to get these answers.

Jo, I did meet Maria for dinner. I was pretty shocked. I didn't know what to expect and had moments where I wasn't sure if I really was going to be able to follow through...but, she is adorable, she looks ten years younger then her age, she is fun and we both connected immediately. We had a really nice dinner and she felt brave enough to come to my condo so I could show her how it was decorated. Definite chemistry.
She's coming over on Wed night to watch a movie. I could definitely use the support and it's nice to have something to look forward to for a change.

I don't know how Dr. R plans to treat me at this point, but he will let me know during my next appt.

I have not had the PICC line inserted yet as the insurance company denied because Dr. R was treating based on my symptoms and the Western blot taken from last month which he viewed but did not keep a copy. Now that we have the results from his lab of choice, I should be receiving a call shortly about the PICC line.

I'll keep you all updated on anything new. I have been keeping up with my baths, but have been forced to use significant doses of xanax to sleep for four hours. Then I wake shaking and weak, take another dose of xanax with a granola bar and I'm able to get in another 3-4 hours...After that, I am not shaking and I can function. My psychiatrist is aware of the way I'm using the xanax and is very supportive.
About work, I have not heard anything...at this point, I have learned to accept it's not in my contol and just have to focus on beating these three infections.
Thanks again all.

Last edited by itsmylife; 07-30-2007 at 09:57 PM.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:52 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Sorry guys, I just read that lab stopped performing testing on July 21st and has switched their forcus to R&D..I'll ask Dr. R who he would use as a second choice when I see him and let you all know.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:17 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Rodney...Sounds like things are picking back up for you...

This is all such GREAT news!

Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Thanks Jo, you are super sweet.

Love ya!

Old 07-31-2007, 09:49 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Just because some of us are 50 doesn't mean were dead...

Hugs and Love back at cha!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:34 AM   #13
(female)

jenillumine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmylife View Post
Test results received today. I received a call from the doctors office.

IGM positive for Ehrlichiosis, Babesia and Lyme. Just wanted to keep some of my friends here up to date. I feel shocked, but now things make sense.
I just wanted to say (among others) CONGRATS on finally getting
answers. I am new to this board but can understand and dream of what
it must feel to finally know.

Keep us updated.
Jennifer

Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Sounds like you've made a good friend w/ Maria!

...Maria and Rodney sitting in a tree....just kidding

I'm so excited for you that things are getting better and you have blood tests that CONFIRM everything!

Old 07-31-2007, 06:52 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Rod. Mickie here.

Just wanted to say I think of you often.

I am both happy and sad to hear your test results. I recall when my WB came back CDC positive. I was angry and happy at the same time. Happy because FINALLY I had a label for my strange and worsening illness; angry because I knew there was going to be one helluva fight ahead of me.

I loved your post "Dear Mom". I replied so many times, but either I stated too little or I wrote for an hour and didn't feel it was appropriate to post a 2 or 3 pager about how much I relate.

I love that post because so very many times I simply want to tell someone what kind of day I had, or if I felt really sad and melancholy or if I did something brave and I needed a pat on the back with an "atta girl!".

Sometimes I write. I used to keep a journal but I don't think I could handle the handwriting. Now I keep an electronic journal but I lost it 3 weeks ago with a hard drive crash.

Sometimes I send myself emails, just because I feel the urge so strong to tell a story or curse someone out or I feel like begging for sympathy or I'm proud of something I did.

I am so happy to hear that you met a nice woman friend. I'd give my next 5 paychecks to meet a guy or girl friend who will stick with me.

I am struggling with an issue now where I feel that 99% of the people I ever met (and thought of as friends) turned out to be big phony's.

If I knew that a neighbor, old friend, new friend, brother, sister, parent, or even aquaintance was suffering with a long term illness - I'd never in a million years ignore them and distance myself!! I would do the opposite - I would call or stop by with groceries once in a while or give them support and lend a hand or a shoulder to cry on or just an ear to listen.

I feel so alone most of the time. Even my kids (my only social network at this time) are sick of hearing me talk about Lyme (I don't blame them though).

Remember I'm thinking of you!

I hope things with your new lady friend, your insurance company and your employer work out. With those test results in your hand, you know what you're up against and knowledge is power (as sleeper always says).

Try not to worry. When I worry, I remind myself that EVERYTHING depends on my health. I could lose my job, my insurance, my house, what ever. Once I get my health back, we'd be back in the money in no time at all.

Peace and health to you my friend,
Mickie

Closed Thread