It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User
Re: OK heres the letter about Lyme's

Stand, I think this is an awesome letter! I just made time to read all the way through and you've already started sending them out! Thanks so much!

Old 08-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmylife View Post
Stand, I think this is an awesome letter! I just made time to read all the way through and you've already started sending them out! Thanks so much!
I'm glad that you liked the letter. I know it's just a drop of water in the ocean but hopefully if we all band together, we can make a difference.

How are you doing by the way?...any news on the PICC line? Were you able to contact your state insurance commissioner?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

They were working on referring me to another infusion company today.
I feel at this point, I should wait to speak with Doctor R in a week and a half before I escalate and start pressing buttons. I'm trying to be patient. I know there is a fine line of being proactive, and burning bridges even if my approach is subtle.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #19
(female)

IL_gal HB User

Great letter! Thanks so much for writing it! We need to get Oprah to do a show on Lyme. She's so influential. Does anyone know if she's done anything in the past on Lyme?

Old 08-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #20
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel38 View Post
Great letter! Thanks so much for writing it! We need to get Oprah to do a show on Lyme. She's so influential. Does anyone know if she's done anything in the past on Lyme?
I didn't see anything about Lyme's disease on her site. Her Dr did do a segment about ticks. He seems to give some accurate info BUT he says that having the tick head still in the skin is okay which we all know is NOT okay.

Dr. Oz did say ticks are one of the leading carriers of diseases in the United States, causing tens of thousands of people to contract Lyme disease each year. The safest way to remove a tick from your body without exposing yourself to diseases, Dr. Oz says, is simply to pull it out.

"It's actually the most common reason that we get bad problems resulting from insect bites," he says. "The tick has in itself viruses and other contaminants that are quite detrimental to our well-being. So if you try to burn it … or put gasoline on it, it actually irritates the tick. So what does the tick do? It regurgitates the fluid back into you."

To avoid the tick releasing its germs into your body, Dr. Oz says to remove it without bothering it. "Get your tweezers, flip the tick upside down, grab the mouth of it and pull hard," he says. "Don't twist it. Just pull it, because the barbs go straight in."

If the tick's head remains in your skin after you remove its body, Dr. Oz says not to worry—the saliva and viruses are contained in the tick's body. "If you want to get [the head] out like a splinter, then get it out," he says. "But I'll give advice for moms out there—if your kid has a little bit of the head left in, the body will push it out by itself. I wouldn't strap the kid down and go after the head of it. That's not where the infection is. The infection was the body that's already gone."

Old 08-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User
Wink Re: OK heres the letter about Lyme's

Hey, IML!

Yes, I saw your little humor note there - as a matter of fact, I said to my husband at lunch today "how would you know the difference"???? LOL

Closed Thread