It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User
What's this now?!!!!.....

Today I noticed that I have pain in my toes (two nest to the pinki toe) I feel discomfort and when I curl them I have pain.....funny thing is, I told my husband and he said he has it too
Neither of us know if we have lyme or not yet.

J

Old 08-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User
Re: What's this now?!!!!.....

Sometimes I'll get horrible nerve pain in one tiny toe. I'll watch my toe and it will twitch anytime the pain happens. I'm not able to sleep when this happens.

There are pressure points on your back that help relieve nerve pain. Anytime I have nerve pain in my back or lower, I have my husband push on those pressure points really hard and it helps relieve the pain.

Here's how you can find the pressure point. Have somebody place their hand on your back starting at the base of your neck. It's about a whole hand span (from your finger tips to the bottom of your hand) from your neck to your shoulder blade. The pressure point lines up to the right of your shoulder blade. You'll know when someone is pressing on it b/c it will really hurt. Just bare the pain for about 10 seconds while they press on it, then they can stop. You'll definitely notice a difference. You can repeat the same thing on your right shoulder blade (pressure point run along the left side of the right shoulder blade). Depending on where the pain is (left side or right side of body) I'll have my husband press on either my right shoulder or left shoulder. It makes it easier to find if you sit down and hunch forward a bit.

I think pressing hard on this pressure point interrupts the nerve signal and gives you pain relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
(female)

jenillumine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3love View Post
Today I noticed that I have pain in my toes (two nest to the pinki toe) I feel discomfort and when I curl them I have pain.....funny thing is, I told my husband and he said he has it too
Neither of us know if we have lyme or not yet.

J

I sooo get cramps in my toes on both feet. And I cannot wiggle my
toes on either foot either. Also, my toes curl under on their own.

Are you able to wiggle them and move them well?
Jennifer

Old 08-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

I dont have any problems moving my toes. My fingers, on the other hand, are stiff and hard to move.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

Hi~ I can curl my toes but it hurts like my little joints are stiff and painful. One toe in particular hurts, it looks a bit swollen at the base of the toe. I also noticed my right hand (where my fingers and nuckles meet) are very sore and a bit painful. Who knows what's going on.

J

Old 08-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
(female)

jenillumine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by standishtrio View Post
I dont have any problems moving my toes. My fingers, on the other hand, are stiff and hard to move.
I am with you on the stiffness/rigidity in fingers and my wrists.
And then the burning stiffness runs up both my arms with the
tremors.
Jennifier

Old 08-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #7
(female)

Writeart HB User

Hi J,

I have the toe thing on and off all the time. I have read your other symptoms here and on other threads and you sound exactly like I was before I was treated at all (I was treated for babesiosis and my symptoms are less distressing now, though still present-- I start my Lyme treatment this afternoon). I am not a doctor but I think your test is going to come back positive.

I can hear your anxiety in your posts and I was like that too (also dealt with the doctors that said it was all in my head). I felt 50% better just finding an answer (for me, when I was told I had babesiosis, I was sure I also had Lyme so I had the answer in my head, if not on paper). One doctor told me that my temporary paralysis from the waist to the knees was from sleeping on the wrong pillow! When Dr. Fein heard that she told me she would have tested me for MS immediately.

Btw, I was tested and also have carpal tunnel. One of the doctors (forget who at this point) told me that if I already had carpal tunnel, the Lyme could aggravate it, which is one of the reasons why much of my pain has been centered in my arms. So you may well have carpal tunnel but that doesn't mean you don't have Lyme too!

Writeart

Old 08-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

Hey Write, how long have you had lyme? Do you ever remember a bite/rash? Who dx'd you? If you don't mind what were/are your symptoms?

I called a few doctors that I went to in the past and apparently in 04 I was having bad stomach pains, neck pain for 6 months but not at the same time.
In 05 I saw a doctor for knee pain, it was more like my knee was not sitting properly in it's place everytime I would go down the stair it would feel like the joint was misplaced. I have had swallowing problems for 2 years and pressure in my butt, a fealing like I have a brick pressing down in there. Many test, nothing ever comes up! Now since this past Jan I have a slew of symptoms too much to even list!
Anyway, time will tell.

Later,
J

Closed Thread