It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
(female)

TEARS1998 HB User
Question At My Wits End (YOU'RE MY LAST HOPE)

I,m tired of being this sick i've tried searching for an llmd like every one suggested. when i call they think i'm crazy for thinking their doc couldn't help me but i'm trying to do like u-all said to do and go to an llmd. i'm getting sicker by the day (today i got up and barely made it to the couch,nausea,pain in legs and feet EXTREME AND I MEAN EXTREME FATIGUE as if i hadn't slept in days and i just got up ??????????abdominal pain,bloating,muscle weakness,joint pain,brain fog not to mention when i started having symptoms the docs. gave me steroids for 8 months site injections and spinal injections these symptoms have been on and off for a year now! please excuse me if i've stated any of this before but i seriousely can't remember from one minute to the next! does any one know of a Doctor Andrew Pigliese in Alpharetta,Georgia is he llmd i'm honestly too tired to do any more please please help someone anyone (i live in north Ga. near the Tenn. line)

Old 08-23-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: At My Wits End (YOUR MY LAST HOPE)

Hi TEARS, I am sorry you are feeling so bad. I do not know of any Lyme doctors in GA. There definitely are not any in TN.

I know of Lyme doctors in Huntersville, NC and Temple Terrace, FL. I believe the one in NC will be relocating to the DC area in October. Would you like one of their names?

Hang in there okay? With proper treatment, you can get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #3
(female)

TEARS1998 HB User

How Do U -all Travel That Far For Doctors ????

Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
(female)

TEARS1998 HB User

Huntersville N.c. I Guess I'm Desperate

Old 08-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

bigstan HB User
Re: At My Wits End (YOU'RE MY LAST HOPE)

NEVER NEVER TAKE STEROIDS WITH LYME DISEASE. It exacerbates the condition. A LLMD will not prescribe STEROIDS.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:55 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Hi Tears- I was going to post yesterday to see how you were doing. I am glad you let us know. You are in my thoughts. I am sorry this is so hard. It really is criminal what the medical community puts us through. I have read posts on here about people flying from Texas to Connecticut to get help. Yes, people Do have to travel to fight this. There are two LLMDs that I am aware of that have been brought up on charges for diagnosing Lyme over the phone and fax to people who cannot travel to an LLMD.

For whatever reason, Lyme is like Aids was 20 years ago. Just downright mis-understood. Unfortunately, the population that has Lyme does not have the political muscle behind it like the gay community did to force people to take notice that there is an epidemic out there and people are in denial.

Don't give up. Get help in your search and your travel- do you have any family or friends that can help you?

Old 08-24-2007, 05:43 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

I found a Lyme support group in Georgia. I tried to see if they have a website but I don't think they do. The group is called Georgia Lyme Disease Association and they are located in Marietta, GA.

Hopefully they will know your area and can recommend a good doctor.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-24-2007 at 05:53 AM.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:47 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi TEARS. The doctor in Huntersville, NC is Dr. Joseph Jemsek. I believe he is relocating in October, but it may be a place to start.

I know it is hard to think of travelling when you are so sick, but it is worth it to get the help you need.

Good luck!

Old 08-24-2007, 06:40 AM   #9
(female)

Writeart HB User

Tears, I can't vouch for this group of doctors, but one of the advertisers on this board is a group called Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers, Inc. They say that they also treat Lyme Disease, and their explanation of Lyme indicates that they are LLMDS. Here's a small quote:

<<To adequately detect and treat chronic Lyme disease, Physicians must <<understand that standard tests will miss the majority of these cases and <<standard treatment will fail the majority of the time. One must undergo <<more specialized testing and a multi-system integrative treatment <<
approach to achieve success in the majority of patients.

They have an office in Atlanta. They also have something called an Out Of Town Treatment package.

HTH,

Writeart

Old 08-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi WriteArt. From what I have heard, these centers are not the place to go for proper treatment.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:14 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

I did some checking into those Fibro centers (back when I was "diagnosed" with fibro) and they seemed to charge awfully high rates.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #12
(female)

TEARS1998 HB User
Thumbs up Re: At My Wits End (YOU'RE MY LAST HOPE)

Hey guys thanks for all your help i've been on the phone all day, i'm trying to get the ball rolling! I feel a bit better today, and thats great i'll take all the bits i can! Only u-all know what I mean,thanks again

Last edited by TEARS1998; 08-24-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good luck TEARS! Keep us posted okay?

Old 08-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEARS1998 View Post
Hey guys thanks for all your help i've been on the phone all day, i'm trying to get the ball rolling! I feel a bit better today, and thats great i'll take all the bits i can! Only u-all know what I mean,thanks again
I left a message for someone with the Georgia Lyme Disease Association. I asked her to call me back and give me a list of dr's in Georgia (or at least in a closer state) who are Lyme Literate.

I'll post when I hear back from her.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:41 AM   #15
(female)

TEARS1998 HB User
Exclamation Re: At My Wits End (YOU'RE MY LAST HOPE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstan View Post
NEVER NEVER TAKE STEROIDS WITH LYME DISEASE. It exacerbates the condition. A LLMD will not prescribe STEROIDS.
I know that now, but then i had no idea what i had ! And the pain was sooooooooo bad i was willing to try any thing! I now feel 90% sure that i have lyme disease adding up all the symptoms and looking back i did have a bullseye rash last nov.-dec.(my husband & i both hunt so we're exposed to deer ticks 4 months out of the year daily) I know since I've had the steroid injections they have exasperated my symptoms!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread