It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
(male)

TheZim HB User
Anyone out there with young children diagnosed with Lyme?

Hello Everyone,

My 5 year old son was just diagnosed by our pediatrician with Lyme Disease on Friday... He has the classic bullseye on his thigh along with flu like symptoms and general discomfort. He started on a three week cycle of amoxocilan yesterday. I've been doing a lot of research on the web last couple days and have gotten some great information from "Ticker" on this Board... and it sounds like finding a LLMD is the next important step...

Further, my 4 year old daughter also went through some nasty fevers and flu like symptoms three weeks ago with no rash... she was treated for a Urinary tract infection with 8 days of antibiotics, by a separate physician while on vacation in Tennessee... she seems fine but we are pursuing blood tests on Monday to send to IgeneX.

In addition, to make matters worse, my wife also had a rash on her chest that resembled my sons but it happened much sooner... she thought it was a spider bite and didn't seek medical attention... but paid the price with 3 days in bed with sever headaches, back pain, nausia and fatigue... she too will pursue a blood test on Monday.

As I stated, we were on vacation in the Knoxville area of Tennesse. We were staying in my Uncles house with Dogs and Cats.

I'm writing this post to see if there are any other parents that have gone through this with there children... and how it went for them. "Ticker" (my hero) has informed me about the pediatritian in CT and IgeneX... and the possibility of co-infection... She has been great...

I'd love to, however, supplement this information with other parents that have been through this with kids near the same age as mine.

Does anyone know of a LLMD in the Miami / South Florida area?

Thank you in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread