It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
(female)

mamoo HB User
Back Pain

Hi all
I was diagnosed with Lyme in November of 2006. I was placed on a month of antibotics. Since that time I have had several periods that I believe are related to the Lyme. I have a doctors appointment at the end of the week and don't want to ask a stupid question, so I am hoping you can help.

For the last month or so I have had back pain. It seems to move up and down during the day, sometimes more uncomfortable than the other. Do you feel that I should mention this to the doctor, or will he feel that I am just looking for things. Thanks for you help.

Syd.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User
Re: Back Pain

Hi,

Welcome to the board.

Do you recall what dosage of antibiotics you were on and also how long you were infected before treatment was started? Lyme requires high doses (ILADS recommends 400-600 mgs of doxycycline) of antibiotics for at least 4-6 weeks, unfortunately many doctors have a lot to learn and undertreat the infection. If it is undertreated it can go dormant only to re-emerge later.

Also, ticks can carry Bartonella, Babesiosis, Erlichiosis, Mycoplasma, and others. Were you tested for any of these? Many people with Lyme also have one or more of these, and they must be treated in order for Lyme treatment to be successful. Left untreated these can cause almost as many problems as Lyme, and some can be fatal. Don't let any one tell you that these co-infections are "rare", they are quite common especially in certain areas.

It is possible that the pain you are describing is Lyme related.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
(female)

Lebnin HB User
Re: Back Pain

I totally agree with TUNIVEIL. Treatment should be longer than this if you had lyme longer than a few days. It is too bad if your doctor makes you feel foolish when talking to him or her. You need to be able to explain everything to your doctor. Your health is most important, after all that's why you are there paying for the visit. I'm glad you found the boards, we are here to help each other. Leb

Closed Thread