It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User
LymesGal- can you tell me some things?

Hi Lymes gal-

If you don;t mind sharing....I was reading through a prior thread and I noted that we share the same LLMD. I was surprised to see that it seemed like you said you had been on Biaxin for 2 years. Have you improved at all in that time? What kind of herxing did you have?

I am trying to figure out how long to give Dr D on treatment before getting a second opinion. I do not think I would wait more than 6 months- maybe even only 3. Is that not long enough?

I have a friend in the mid atlantic who used to be burrascano's patient (he retired from seeing patients) and she is helping m find a 'local' LLMD who would be covered by insurance.

Thanks for the info!

Old 08-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #2
(female)

lymesgal HB User
Re: LymesGal- can you tell me some things?

Hi Zandvoort!

Yes, I have been seeing Dr. D for about two years, maybe a little longer, and yes I have been on Biaxin most of the time. He did switch me to Tetracycline two times for short periods but have mostly been on the Biaxin/plaquenil combo. To be honest....no, I don't feel any better. At times I have but only in spurts. I had to quit the Biaxin for 3 weeks, my ins. co. screwed up, but I'm back on them now. MAJOR herxing going on, I feel like I have the flu and I have been bedridden for 10 days because my back went out. It's been horrible. Today, I am gonna call Dr. D and leave a message to tell him what I'm going thru. I don't know if there's anything he'll do but it's worth a try at this point. I read your post about Dr. D saying that he would test you for coinfections, has he yet or when is that suppose to happen? REading that, encouraged me and gave me a little hope. I decided when I read your post that I was gonna really push him for a test for coinfections. He told me before that the abx I was on would pretty much cover them all except one, which we didn't have in this area,.....which I don't believe that. I may have gotten LD in the midwest so how can he know? I'm pretty bummed at this point about it all and am definately thinking about getting a second opinion. I'm not sure where to go though? Where would you go for a second opinion? Any suggestions? I have an appt. with Dr. D in October and I'm gonna let him know how bad I feel and how I'm getting no better.

I can't remember, refresh my memory...are you on the Biaxin/plaquenil combo. too? If I didn't have insurance to pay for the Biaxin itself, it would cost me almost $800 every 3 months! I am thankful that they pay for Dr. D's diagnosis. I hope you have good insurance.

I think only waiting 3 months isn't long enough, at least try it 6 months and see how you feel. It takes a while before it starts helping. You and I could be totally different in when and how long we've had the disease. So what won't work for me, may work for you. I've heard alot of people who have gotten better with his protocols so who knows??? Do you know approx. how long you've had LD? We're thinking I've had it for a good 7-10 years so maybe that makes alot of difference if you only had it a few years. Maybe his treatment WILL work for you. About the herxing, it is different for everyone but it took me 2-3 weeks before I got over it. When I was switched to the tetra. I herxed again. Now, I'm herxing again because I went 3 weeks without abx. Ohhhh the vicious cycle!

I'm like you, I'm on the edge about all this and his treatment. I've heard alot of good things and alot of bad things... I just want the right treatment and am not sure what to do at this point. I just know I want my life back!!!

How are you feeling? Are you herxing?

I hope you are feeling better! Do you have the itchy rashes? That's a big part of my herxing, it can drive you out of your mind itching constantly!

let me know!
Lymesgal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread