It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 AM   #1
(female)

harvick29 HB User
Dealing with work

How is everyone dealing with their day to day lives? My work has suffered. I have used up all my sick time. It is such a struggle to work full time I don't know how much longer my body can take it. I get so totally exhausted and mentally drained. My doctor says to keep going but he isn't living in this body.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User
Re: Dealing with work

I'm sorry that you're so sick. I know how it is. I have Chronic Lyme and I have to go to school. My grades suffer and going makes me feel worse. Is there any way that you can work part-time while you're sick? Maybe your work will understand that you have a disease and you have to take it easy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2007, 05:38 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

maree4848 HB User

HI:

I feel for you I really do...I'm still not sure if I have lyme or not, but my doctor put me on part time work 5 hours a day. He said if I can't do that he will put me on a medical leave. That way I get 65% of my pay...

Ask him about this....

prayers are with you
Julie

Old 08-28-2007, 05:39 AM   #4
(female)

harvick29 HB User

It is quite a struggle. It takes almost every ounce of energy to get ready for work and get there that when I get there My mind and body say stop you can't do this. I would love to go part time but everyone that works part-time for this company also has to work every Saturday. So sometimes their part-time hours are like working full time. And then I have an evening class twice a week. Are the teachers understanding? It must be very hard for you because I know how very hard it is to focus and learn with such a disabling disease.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:45 AM   #5
(female)

harvick29 HB User

I wonder if he would do that for me. I see my regular doctor next week. I will have to ask. Thank you

Old 08-28-2007, 05:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvick29 View Post
It is quite a struggle. It takes almost every ounce of energy to get ready for work and get there that when I get there My mind and body say stop you can't do this. I would love to go part time but everyone that works part-time for this company also has to work every Saturday. So sometimes their part-time hours are like working full time. And then I have an evening class twice a week. Are the teachers understanding? It must be very hard for you because I know how very hard it is to focus and learn with such a disabling disease.
Oh, that's tough. Do you think that you would be allowed to take some breaks to rest during the day, even for just a few minutes? Maybe your doctor could write a note to your boss saying that you need to take breaks to rest and shouldn't be hassled.

Last year I wasn't diagnosed, but when I would tell some of my teachers that I'm having trouble in school because I can't concentrate or remember things, I think that they thought that I was making excuses. Now that I'm diagnosed maybe they won't be so insensitive, hopefully.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:01 AM   #7
(female)

harvick29 HB User

I don't think truly understand the disease unless they have it. I thought i knew about it and didn't really think that it was any big deal. I thought it was just a few aches and pains. I never knew how terrible it really is until getting it. Most people probably are as ignorant as I was. Are you undergoing any treatment right now?

Old 08-28-2007, 06:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

I totally understand. I really wish the best for you. I was also like that. Before my symptoms started when I was around 8 years old, I knew what my parents told me. Wear bugspray and stuff but I was under the impression that it was something that most people don't get and that it can be treated. That's what I knew because that's what I was told. I hope that children of the future are aware of this illness.

Yes, I'm on my 2nd month of antibiotics and it's helping me feel more awake, but I'm still tired and have my other symptoms that I've had.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:17 AM   #9
(female)

harvick29 HB User

I am also on antibotics but as I get more informed on the disease I wonder if I am on the right one. I bought the book Top ten lyme disease treatments and in there is says the antibotic I am on is what they call a cell wall antibotic and is not very good at treating lyme. I just printed up the diagnostic hints and treatments guidelines for lyme and other tickborne illnesses by Joseph Burrascano. Have you looked at it? It seems to have a great deal of information and I noticed it was being spoke of quite alot on this message board.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #10
(female)

crunchiepoochie HB User

Howdy.. You're right.. nobody understands until they live it. I have lost all my friends, relationship and much more. I try to stay within my "box" of going to bed a 6:30 or 7:00 at nite,,, sleeping hours on the weekendjsut to catch up. I went to a LLMD and am much better. I was still fatigued and he gave me this wonderful powder mix called "Corvalen", it has malic acid and it has brought my fatigue down to nothing. I would try that if I were you. I am also on slamon oil and good vitamins. All of that combined really does help..
'
Good luck to ya!!
Susi

Old 08-28-2007, 02:15 PM   #11
(female)

harvick29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchiepoochie View Post
Howdy.. You're right.. nobody understands until they live it. I have lost all my friends, relationship and much more. I try to stay within my "box" of going to bed a 6:30 or 7:00 at nite,,, sleeping hours on the weekendjsut to catch up. I went to a LLMD and am much better. I was still fatigued and he gave me this wonderful powder mix called "Corvalen", it has malic acid and it has brought my fatigue down to nothing. I would try that if I were you. I am also on slamon oil and good vitamins. All of that combined really does help..
'
Good luck to ya!!
Susi
Where do you get Corvalen? I am willing to try almost anything at this point. I am glad it has helped you. I haven't found a LLMD yet. I go back to regular doctor's next week. I hope he will help me with someone. How did you find yours?

Closed Thread