It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Unhappy Refused Blood Test Cause Im From The Uk

Went to my Gp today at his request. I had a blood test taken just over a week ago, so wen he requested I go back and see him I thought, that was quick. Even though he agreed to the test, he said the sample was sent off but the lab refused to do it. They said they wanted more evidence of my having lyme,s before they would do it. They said had I ever been in north America, I said no, so they said then there's no point as I obviuosly cannot have it. The Gp said there are only 5 known cases of Lyme disease in the UK and thats why they will not do it. My GP in all fareness was prepared to do it, but he said his hands are tied and is sorry they are not prepared to test for it. As I have written before, I am not saying I have Lyme Disease, but ALOT points in the direction of. I even spoke to a woman on the phone the other day, from an organisation in the uk regarding Lymes. She asked me directly what was going on with my health and she couldnt urge me enough to get tested. She has Lyme Disease herself and totally related to what my symptoms are and what I have been going through with each neuro and consultant. I am at a dead end again, and dont see the point of even persuing this. Its clear nobody wants to help, my Gp said you are obviously ill, all I can do is treat the symptoms. I guess that will just have to do......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Refused Blood Test Cause Im From The Uk

Hi topsy. I am sorry this happened. It is terrible that so many people everywhere have to fight so hard for proper testing and treatment.

There definitely is Lyme disease in the UK!

Have you contacted a Lyme doctor there? I have heard of two who may be knowledgeable. Would you like their names?

Who does the woman you spoke with see? Maybe you could see her doctor?

Do NOT give up! There has to be a way for you to get the help you need.

Closed Thread