It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
So what now?

I'm just flip flopping sypmtoms....my eye pressure/horrible headaches and extreme fatigure are back. I've been on biaxin for 2 weeks now? I was on zithromax and that seemed to keep me pretty ok and get rid of this eye pressure and stuff...but i still had some flair ups. Now i have the horrible eye pressure..horrible headache and extreme fatigue and horrible body aches/chills w/e u wanta call them. What do i do now?? Call my dr. and switch back...So far its just magnified everyday. I got to be able to work. And at teh rate im going im not going to be able to soon. I feel horrible. All my old symptoms are back. This isn't herxing. I can tell the difference....im on 1000mg of biaxin a day. What do i do from here?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
(female)

IL_gal HB User
Re: So what now?

Call your doc. Sounds like the Biaxin isn't working for you. Different drugs work for different folks. Hang in there.
-Rach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 01:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

eclipse-

I am sorry you are having such a tough time. I hope you get relief real soon. How do you tell the difference between herxing and a poor reaction to meds? I think I had a reaction recently and not a herx but I am not sure.
Thanks!

Old 08-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandvoort View Post
eclipse-

I am sorry you are having such a tough time. I hope you get relief real soon. How do you tell the difference between herxing and a poor reaction to meds? I think I had a reaction recently and not a herx but I am not sure.
Thanks!
Well after all this experience off and on meds...you start to get a feel. I was off and on zithromax a few times. . . and 2 days after i stopped i began to feel worse. Herxing is just basically when my symptoms "flared up"...but then i began to feel relief and it went away. I started this med feeling crappy....and its just gotten worse to the point of i feel just as bad as i did before i started any medicine. Like i said, its hard to tell. But just get use to your body and what its telling you. I know that sounds cliche. But you'll be able to identify herxing/or reactions/ or w/e. Best of luck with you and your treatment. Keep me posted on how ya feel!

Closed Thread