It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

bigstan HB User
Treatment

Can anyone can tell me how long it took to see some relief in symptoms after starting antibiotic treatment. I know are body's are all different. I just wanted to get some hope. I'm three weeks into IV Rocephin treatment. I feel awfull! Like I have been hit by a semi truck, trampled by a herd of elephants, or been sky diving and I hit the ground because my parachute failed to open.

Seriously, this disease is kicking my butt. I just feel so weird, so out of touch with reality. This is the second summer that has gone by and I have been unable to get outdoors to enjoy it. I wonder a lot if I really have Lyme or is it some other health problem. It's just a denial response that keeps running through my head. I have horrible back pain between my shoulder blades. I feel pain in that area when I turn my head to the left or right. I have a MRI requisition to have my throracic back examined. It probably won't reveal anything. I'm wondering if Lyme causes inflamation in that area. I don't know if I can get throught the MRI because its so chlosterphobic and I'm dealing with Lyme.

I guess I feel the Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction. They say you get worse before you get better. There are times when I wonder if the Rocephin is doing its job. I was thinking about stopping the treatment but I have to get tough and fight through it.

I have noticed that my muscle twitching has improved greatly. And my heart palpitations have subsided since starting treatment. So it might be the beginning of something good.

Thanks for letting me vent some.

Last edited by bigstan; 08-30-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Treatment

Hi Stan. I am sorry you are feeling so crummy. Three weeks is when many people herx. By the description fo your symptoms, it definitely sounds like you are herxing!

Lyme disease can cause the disassociation you describe. I have always called this "OPS" for outer-planetary syndrome! It can feel like you are in another reality. I am making light of it, but it can be very scary.

I think it is possible Lyme is causing the pain between your shoulders, but it is always good to have it checked. Can you ask the doctor for a sedative for when you are in the MRI since you are claustrophobic?

I think it is great you have seen some improvement. To me, it sounds like the Rocephin is working. It can take time, especially when you have been sick for a while.

Hang in there okay?

Old 08-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

bigstan HB User

Thank's Ticker. It just really feels sometimes like it will be my last moment on the planet. I appreciate the encouragement. I am going to keep on infusing and hopefully the little buggers will die off soon. I'm just keeping in the back of my mind that herx is good.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
(female)

IL_gal HB User

Hang in there Stan! I have that exact pain between my shoulder blades and in my neck. I've read others have it too on this board so I definitely think the Lyme causes it. I hope you stop herxing soon and start to feel better.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Stan. Yes do remember herxes mean the buggers are dying! They are not happy about it, and you can feel them protesting.

Keep hanging in there okay?

Last edited by ticker; 08-31-2007 at 06:47 AM.

Closed Thread