It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fernee HB Userfernee HB User
Red face New bite? New rash & worried!!

OK, I have a lot of questions. Is it possible that if I got bit by a new infected tick I would get a new case of lyme. Even though I am currently being treated.

Just worried. Two days ago I noticed a weird spot right above my sock (I wear anklets) and it had a black spot right in the middle. I checked it out because looked like a tick but there was nothing there, just the spot. Well the next day it had a small ring around it. Sort of raised up and red. Well yesterday same thing, but it is not real big like some of the pics I see online. It is size of nickle but sort of oblong. There also seems to be a little pus or something in it. I put peroxide on it and a bandaid. It was very itchy on the outside of the redness circle. My husband is unsure about it also and said maybe poison something. But of course I am worried since I never really had a bulls eye rash the first time. Just a red circle on my arm and everyone thought it was a spider bite.

Any help. I do not have insurance and really do not want to go to the docs for it since I am sure they would only do doxy anyway and I am already on it.

Thanks,

Old 08-31-2007, 03:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: New bite? New rash & worried!!

Hi Tammy sorry you are nervous about the spot on your ankle. Yes dear you can be reinfected. Just because we are on treatment or have done treatment doesn't mean we can't get all of that stuff again. I had 7 months on a picc line then about a month or so later I had a tick on my tummy and it just flared everything back up. so I was put back on a picc line...

Keep an eye on it. maybe take a picture of it.

Let us know what happens....

take care...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Do you think that it's part of your herx? Sometimes, the bullseye rash can flare up again during treatment. I think this happened to Ticker...I can't remember.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
(female)

IL_gal HB User

Tammy,
the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I don't think I was bitten again and the doctor said it was a herx so I'm betting that's what yours is too....Have you been feeling any better lately? Many of my symptoms have dissapated and I feel the best after my weekend dose but by Thur and Friday, I feel bad neck and shoulder pain, can't get enough air and very bad mood...
That's how I feel right now...looking forward to taking meds in the morning.
What about you?

Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am starting to wonder what it is. It is still there but has not gotten bigger or smaller. Last night there was a little bit of a knot under it but I think it was fluid from being on my feet all day. Sometimes my ankle will swell. This morning the knot is gone.

Feeling ok I guess. Yesterday had some head shakes during the day again and then had a few emotional breakdowns where I just started crying for no reason. Well no apparent reason that is.

Rachel, did you actually talk to Dr. S or did his nurse relay this to you? Just wondering because when I called with my issue she said he was with patients and she called me back not him.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
(female)

IL_gal HB User

Hey Tammy!
Just checking in. I've been getting better and better. Just got a new rash today though. It's my third one now since my original bite rash...not sure what it means...Have you gotten anymore? How are you feeling? When is your next appt? How's life in Maryland treating you. Catch me up!
-Rach

Old 09-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Rachel, I feel pretty good also. Maryland is a whole lot better than Florida was.

Not sure about the rash thing. The center scabbed up and then fell off. Think it may of been poison something because it raised up a little too and started to itch a lot.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I started back to work last week and since I have the joint pain especially in fingers, all the data entry hurt my wrists and hands but it was nice to be doing something.

When is your next appt? Mine is the 8th at 12:00.

Closed Thread