It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
(female)

TEARS1998 HB User
Question Am I Doing It Right ?????

Just need to know if I'm doing this process somewhat right. I ordered my kit from IGENX labs today, they said it would be shipped out Tues. on account of the holiday. Made my appt. with DR. P in Alpheretta it's schedueled for Sept.22.(not a bad wait) Does anyone know how much Medicare helps in all of this? IGENX said they would pay for it (does that mean for the kit or for the lab work also?) Thank God for insurance I have a primary insurance co. thru my husbands work and DR.P was in network (thank God)! I also have medicare as my secondary. Do I need my tests results from my G.P for the alisa (not sure of spelling) it was neg.(of course). Do I need to bring anything else with me? I have my list of symptoms. What kind of ?'s do I need to ask him? Sooooooo Sooooooorry for so many ?'s, but I haven't got a clue as to how all of this works( never been this sick). Do u-all think I need my records from where I was injected with all of those steroids for nearly a year? U-all are pros at this(although I wish u wern't) and I appreciate any help anyone could give ! Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User
Re: Am I Doing It Right ?????

I would have every medical record you have sent to Dr. P. Also, make a detailed list of all your symptoms and when they started. I did this for my LLMD and it really helped. I get so tongue tied and can't think when I'm talking w/ people. So, the list helped. It made sure I didn't leave anything out. Also, take a copy of all the meds your on w/ the dosages. And, make a list of questions you want to ask him.

Good luck. Also, as if you can be put on Indocin. It's an anti-inflammatory that is not a narcotic and is non habit forming. I swear this drug gave me part of my life back. I can walk half way normal when I take it.

Today, I think I'm starting to go into another herx....great just before we go on vacation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread