It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User
Question Gynecological problems and Lyme Disease

How severe can gynecological problems from Lyme Disease become?

Here are my symptoms. I'm very worried about them.

- extremely severe pain in low stomach
- low stomach gets big and feels hard when I get the pain
- black discharge
- blue discharge
- discharge that smells terrible
- heavy-ish period sometimes
- vaginal itching and burning pain

While I get the severe pain my legs get shakey and painful, my head hurts, I get chills, I have to run to the bathroom, no position is comfortable, and I get sharp intense pains in my butt. My pediatrician gave me a prescription dose of pain killers to take when I get the pain and that usually does nothing. I got the pain even before I began mensturating.

I'm very worried. I looked up the black discharge and an article said that black discharge is a sign of a severe illness such as CERVICAL CANCER!! Oh my goodness!

Do you think that Lyme would cause this or do you think that this is something else?

I'm going to another gynecologist on Thursday and I'm planning on getting an exam and I will ask to get a PAP test and the CA 125 bloodtest.

Please help! I'm very worried and I just want to know what is wrong.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Gynecological problems and Lyme Disease

Hi Victoria ahhh you poor thing. Have yoiu tried soaking in warm water? I know when I "use" to have my monthly's I had some pretty weird sympotms from the Lyme. In my thinking you don't ahve cancer. Didn't you have one smear and the Strep bacteria showed up in it? And you most likely hve the Lymie bacterias messing with you too...Did you talk to Dr. E about these problems? When is your next appt with her?

Don't forget to tell the gyno about you having Lyme and the step bacteria. Hang in there sweet. I know it gets real tough being a female sometimes. Then being ill on top of it...Would like to hear what these doctors say about it tough...

Stay Strong...and maybe try a heating pad on your tummy.

Hugs!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
(female)

mctassi HB User

yeah victoria I have gyn problems also. a lot of what you describe. I've had vag. ultral sounds, paps, the sample thing where they take some of the wall of your utritis (sp?), thin tube looking thing. They tell me I have cysts on overies, but second ultra sound will show different things. Nothing ANY gyn has been worried about. Of course I know it's ALL connected but try to tell them. They telll me these things are NORMAL. I don't think it's cancer but I think it's lyme connected. I have described the black discharge and they say old blood. ? Never use to look like that. Any way I don't think it's cancer. Know you are not alone with the gyn issues. mc

Old 09-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

I'm right there w/ you sister! I was diagnosed w/ PCOS b/c I quit having periods (I'm only 28), high testosterone levels and ovarian cysts. Coincidentally, this all happened when my Lyme became really severe. I think it's all from Lyme because I was very normal in the female department before all of this.

Are you taking a good probiotic. I started taking Lee ******* Ultimate Probiotic and that cleared up my chronic yeast infection w/in a week. I had that infection for months and couldn't get rid of it.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #5
(female)

bearsfan44 HB User

Keylyme
Where do you get your probiotic. I've had a yeast infection for over a year, off and on.
Lisa

Old 09-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

Aquatic, I know first hand that researching "stuff" on the net can be very dangerous! You can come up with alot of very scary diseases! The best thing to do is talk to your doctor about it.

Take care,
J

Old 09-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan44 View Post
Keylyme
Where do you get your probiotic. I've had a yeast infection for over a year, off and on.
Lisa
I just bought it on-line. A good probiotic is the key to getting rid of yeast problems. I've tried everything from diflucan, monestat etc etc etc..nothing ever got rid of it.

There's also a chinese tea pill called Yu Dai Wan. You take 8 tea pills 3x per day. That will also help as well. Make sure to pair it up w/ the probiotic.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #8
(female)

cbsoapfan HB User

I wonder if you've had any testing done to check your estrogen and progesterone levels. Also have you had your gallbladder checked out. I had extremely severe pain in my stomach and it appeared to coincide with my period. Also had severe gas pains (couldn't pass the gas). One day I had such severe pains I went to the ER. They did a CT scan and an ultrasound on my belly. They thought they were looking for a burst appendix, but they found that my gall bladder was infected and had stones. I've been told that Lyme and gallbladder problems go hand in hand.

Now the other gyneological problems .. I've been told that a lot of Lyme patients have low progesterone. The two weeks before my period I lose sleep. I didnt' realize there was a connection until I had my estrogen tested. I had high estrogen and low progesterone.

If you've not had those two things checked out, you might want to look into it.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

Thank you all very much for your thoughts and advice!

I went to the gynecologist and she did another discharge culture. That day my discharge was normal-looking, so she didn't actually see what I was talking about. She gave me a different pain killer and she said that when I have the pain I can take that pill every 8 hours and Tylenol at the same time. She also suggested getting a pelvic ultrasound, but when I told her that the one that I just got in May was normal she said that it didn't need to be done again.

She said that if she doesn't find anything than I should see a gastroenterologist or urologist.

Last edited by Aquaticgirl; 09-16-2007 at 08:55 AM.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Victoria! Nice to see you!

You know all those things possibly will just go away and regulate themselves out as you go farther into treatment. I hope the pain pill helps you!

How are you doing besides the girlie problems. Do you see any relief yet? How is your little brother? did your Dad and Mom wind up getting tested yet?

How are you doing in school? Are you pacing yourself? Teachers a little understanding what you are going through. When I was real sick I attended Western Career College...Oh my gosh the noise and trying to stay focused was very hard. And at that time I was told it was all in my head...Which in a way it and is litterally...lol....ugh!

I hope you are seeing some improvement ....

Always in my Thoughts and Prayer's!

Hugs

Old 09-16-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

Hi!

I'm doing okay. I feel more awake and the fatigue isn't as horrible. Also, my depression and anxiety is gone, which is good. I have good and bad days. I'm noticing that I am getting a slow heartbeat a lot more often than before. Now I have it a few times every day. My next appt. with Dr. E is Thursday, so we'll see what she says about it.

My brother was only treated for 4 weeks with Doxycycline and he still feels yucky. I really think that he has Chronic Lyme. My mom is going to make him an appt. with Dr. E.

My parents' bloodtests came back normal. I really think that my dad has it, though and I think he's being too stubborn to actually go to a LLMD. Last night I gave him a stack of research about Lyme, so maybe then he'll understand how important it is to know that you have it and how he can be helped. Also, if he has it then my mom might have gotten it from him sexually.

Yes, my teachers seem understanding. One of my teachers allows me to be late to her class because I have to walk up 2 flights of stairs and she knows that my legs hurt, so it takes me a long time. She told me to take my time. Thank goodness!

School is tiring and I'm in more pain when I go, but I'm determined to try my best to go to school and try to smile through the pain. I'll never get better if I have a negative attitude.

I haven't heard an update from you in a looong time! How are you doing, jojo?

Old 09-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #12
(female)

roro HB User

I never knew I had lyme before, so I never suspected my gyn problems might be from lyme. I had cysts, uterin fibroids, heavy periods, cramps, at some point it just turned into one long period that lasted 4 months. I ended up having a hysterectomy, because I was hemmoraging and it wouldn't stop. I was 38 and already had a child and didn't plan to have anymore, so I didn't want to try the other types of surgery that would save the uterus.

Have you ever passed clots? could it just be that? that has happened to me and it was scary. I don't think iti was black tho, just a very dark red.

the other symptoms you describe sound like PID pelvic inflammatory disease, which is complication of infection. I thought I had it too, but went to gyn and they said no.

Closed Thread