It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User
Would you be so kind and share your herx story with me?...

Hi,
How long after starting antibiotics did you start to herx and what was it like? Did you have deep aching in your body that lasted only minutes at a time?

Thanks,
J

Last edited by 3love; 09-01-2007 at 06:45 PM.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User
Re: Would you be so kind and share your herx story with me?...

3love.. I herx every 16 days exactly.... only for 2-3 days.. For me, its the same symptoms i did have all over again.. I dont get new symptoms.. but i think some people do get new symptoms.. my first herx was 16 days after i started my antibiotics and it continues in that cycle.. let me know if you have any other questions i can help you with

kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2007, 06:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

Thanks for the reply. It's my third day on antibiotic and I started to have deep muscle/bone (I don't know what it is, really) that comes and it goes in minutes. Isn't it supposed to last longer? Like last night, it felt like my entire left leg was being crushed then it moved up to my arm. It was gone in maybe 15 minutes. Weird. I also started to have bad joint pain.

Thanks again for your help

J

Old 09-02-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Iam not sure if thats a herx.. It could be.. you should tell your doctor just incase your having a bad reaction to the meds.. Are you on IV treatment or orals?? I know when some people herx they have muscle and joint pain.. My pain is constant for about 2 days.. everyone is different though.. maybe this is a good thing for you..but just double check with the docter just in case

Old 09-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

Kelly, I'm on oral antibiotic (today is my third day) but I was on amoxcillian 1500 mg/day three wks ago (for tooth pain). I started having the joint pain 1 wk ago. I wonder if the amox started to disrupt the buggers?!!
The face numb-like feeling is worse since I started the ceftin.
I was thinking that I would be pretty much bed ridden from a herx (not that I want to be, but I heard so many people with it) I just think that if I were herxing, I would be feeling much worse?

J

Old 09-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

I have never be bed ridden from a herx... Dont get me wrong, its terrible and I would have like to stay in bed but I was able to function...Everyone is different iam sure there are people are bed ridden.. but with each herx its supossed to get less and less.. Maybe the original antibiotics you were on started to work and you started to herx.. Im on oral and IV antibiotics so i pretty much have my herxing down pat.. sometimes it takes a while to find the antibiotic that works for you.. feel better

Old 09-02-2007, 11:42 PM   #7
(female)

lotusillusion HB User

Hi there.. thought I'd add my 2 cents worth as I'm interested also in what to expect in general. I've only been on ABX for about 5 wks. now and am wondering if the lack of a herx since switching to the IV Rocephin is significant and means that it isn't working.

I'd started out on oral Amoxi while waiting on my PICC line.. 3gms/day 1st wk. and I herxed so badly that it was cut down to 1gm/day for the 2nd wk. It was scary and I felt as if I could be dying. I was bed ridden for 3 days straight and the next 3 I could barely walk maybe a block and that's it. I had very severe headaches, some nausea and diarrhea, but the fatigue was as if I was passing out sometimes.. I was dreading any more of them, but now the total lack of it makes me wonder if anything is happening.

Closed Thread