It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
(male)

wdiguy HB User
Hey Ticker

If I have felt almost 100% when my thyroid is opyimized do you think lyme is probably not the problem? Also how do you feel with treatment?

Old 09-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Hey Ticker

Hi wdiguy. I am so glad you are feeling better!

I think it is possible you have only a thyroid problem. What symptoms were you having?

Have you had your thyroid levels checked recently? What dose of Armour are you taking? How long have you been been on this dose?

Are you asking how I feel on thyroid treatment?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
(male)

wdiguy HB User
Re: Hey Ticker

Well here it was happened to me........

I used to be on .88 mg synthroid and .5mg cytomel. I told my doctor i was not feeling better and wanted to try armour. So he put me on 90mg which i saw was equivilent to 150mg of synthroid on the armour thyroid site. So i took it and the first week was like a miracle drug. brain fog and everything went away. Must have been all that t3 that was in it. But anyways the week went by and i started feeling like crap. So stupid me decided to up the dose on my own. Well the 5-6 week mark came around when all of the med usually sets in. I became hyper with chest pains, diarhhea, anxiety etc. So i ended up stopping all thyroid meds for a month. My tsh got down to a 6 anf my free t4 and free t 3 are at the bottom of the low normal range. Then I started having some sort of post nasal drip with congestion, severe nausea everyday, blurred vision and crazy anxiety. The doctor gave me all types of stuff including antibiotics, acid reflux stuff, nausea stuff, and steroids. Well this made me bug out like crazy so I stopped taking it per the doctor.(The nasonex is what cleared my head and vision up which was a relief.) At this time I was starting a low dose of armour 30mg to find my optimal levell.(I am currently at week 5 and have the symptoms listed below.) Mostly everything calmed down with time but i still have some different symptoms. They are...... nausea when i wake up and throughout the day, tightness in my throat every now and again, can only breath out of one nostril cause its congested. When i walk up in down my stairs or run I feel liquid type fluid clicking in my right temple. Upper back aches and makes my arms weak. Overall feel kinda weak. Constant swallowing some type of clear mucus that stuck in the back of my throat. Shortness of breath sometimes.

Sorry my my typing is jumbled.

I was in the ER like 3 times in the past month cause I was so scared. They ran all types of blood test on me and did a ct scan on my brain and everything was normal. Also did like 5-6 EKG's on my heart and thats fine. soooooo...... I have done a sinus scan last week and am waiting for results. and have a allergy test this thursday. I didnt feel right last night and wanted to rule out possible lyme disease. Just wanted to see what you think, plus wondering how ur doing with lyme.

thanks

Closed Thread