It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 AM   #1
(male)

DavinoPA HB User
I'm feeling 100%, band 23 is +, what does this mean?

I have felt better since I started psychiatric drugs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: I'm feeling 100%, band 23 is +, what does this mean?

Ha DavinoPA. I am glad you are feeling better!

Band 23 is a Lyme specific band. Are you still on antibiotics? If not, when did you stop? How long have you been on psychiatric meds? Do you think the symptoms that the psychiatric meds are helping may be from Lyme?

Many people who have Lyme have neuropsychiatric and cognitive symptoms. To read about these see Columbia University's Lyme Disease Research Studies Overview of Neuropsychiatric Lyme Disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #3
(male)

DavinoPA HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Ha DavinoPA. I am glad you are feeling better!

Band 23 is a Lyme specific band. Are you still on antibiotics? If not, when did you stop? How long have you been on psychiatric meds? Do you think the symptoms that the psychiatric meds are helping may be from Lyme?

Many people who have Lyme have neuropsychiatric and cognitive symptoms. To read about these see Columbia University's Lyme Disease Research Studies Overview of Neuropsychiatric Lyme Disease.

I haven't been on antibiotics, yet. Should I go on them now?

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Davino. Since it is a Lyme specific band, I would think you have Lyme.

You need to see a knowledgeable doctor. Have you been tested for all the co-infections? How long do you think you have been infected?

Old 09-07-2007, 05:56 AM   #5
(female)

roro HB User

I tried many different medications before I was diagnosed with lyme, and many of them made me feel better, but didn't cure me. Psychiatric drugs included. I think the worst was steroids, those made me feel like superwoman for about a year until I crashed and ended up in the hospital with heart failure, meningitis, etc. Narcotic pain medicines worked great for a while too.
Taking meds that just make you feel better and don't cure the cause of the problem is like sweeping dirt under the rug. it solves nothing, just prolongs your suffering and you end up worse in the long run.
I find this is a trend that many doctors are using for many different types of illnesses. when confronted with physically sick people, they are just drugging them up with antidepressants. they don't seem interested in curing people anymore. this should be considered criminal. I really don't see how they are getting away with it.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

RoRo....I Ditto all that you said!

Davino I pray that you find a Lyme literate Doctor and get the right treatment. With the Correct treatment you will be able to get of of the psych meds. They are not a cure for lyme...

Good Luck let us know how you are doing!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #7
(male)

DavinoPA HB User

I did see a LLMD, Dr. E in NJ, she wanted to give me more supplements... Is it not possible that my body has eradicated the disease?

Old 09-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #8
(male)

dch1112 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavinoPA View Post
I did see a LLMD, Dr. E in NJ, she wanted to give me more supplements... Is it not possible that my body has eradicated the disease?
Hi Davino...... I don't live to far from you. Can you or anyone else tell me who Dr. E NJ is? thanks!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:55 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Davino it sounds like Dr. Eiras wanted to boost up your immune system with supplements. I see a doctor who is not a LLMD but deals with another bacteria that is somewhat like Lyme. And oh boy did I ever buy ALOT of supplements when I first started seeing him. My problem is I couldn't afford them all. So I talked to him and asked him which ones would do me the most benefit. He likes to start his patients off by building up the immune system a little before he throws in antibiotics. This sounds like what Dr. Eiras likes to do. Possibly if you don't want to do supplements you need to get back to her and talk to her about this. You aren't getting well by taking phsyc drugs. It is only masking the problem. Many of us get REALLY bad because we've had this done to us over and over...

There are many on here that go to her and are being helped alot.There is no quick cure for this deisease. The longer you wait the harder it is to get back on your feet.

Hi dch...Hope you are able to get in to see this doctor soon. Let us know how it goes. You may want to put yourself on the cancellation list...

Hope you both have a great day!

Old 09-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #10
(male)

DavinoPA HB User

Thanks you for your kindness.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #11
(male)

dch1112 HB User
Thumbs up Re: I'm feeling 100%, band 23 is +, what does this mean?

yep jojo I have an appt. on Oct 1st.....

Old 09-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh my gosh that is WONDERFUL that you got in so quickly!

Got you in my thoughts and prayer's for getting some answers!

Let us know how it goes....

Old 09-20-2007, 02:29 PM   #13
(male)

dch1112 HB User

yeah i was surprised too..... I kept saying to the receptionist "Oct.1st...like in less than 2 weeks?"!

thanks for the kind words...........

Closed Thread