It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 05:05 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User
question about Igenex testing

Hi everyone-

I asked my LLMD to do an Igenex test (Quest negative) and he reminded me that no test is accurate and it does not matter- he knows I have Lyme. I would really like an objective finding So, I am going to try to get in with dr. P in ct. But, I just learned from another thread alreted me that he does not use Igenex either. If I want Igenex, I will have to get it myself and ask him to order it.
I went onto the Igenex site and I did not see how to order a kit. do you have to know which test you want when you order or can you order a multipurpose and Dr P will know what to order?

OR- should I just trust that Dr. P will do the right testing and not worry about Igenex?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: question about Igenex testing

Hi zandvoort. I would call Dr. P's office and ask about testing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User

Deb, I know someone who uses Dr. Phillips -- I was actually under the impression that he does use IGeneX. If you want me to ask her this (or anything else) please let me know and I"d be happy to. By the way, she loves him -- her husband actually has an MS dx and is being treated by Dr. Phillips with anti-biotics and has seen amazing improvements.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Hi Bearygood- yes, thanks- pls ask, that would be great. I havea friend who is treated by Dr P too but she is not answering her e-mail at the moment. I'm too lazy for a phone call. or is that fatigued?

Old 09-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Here's your answer -- she gave me permission to pass it on. Hope it helps put your mind at ease.

-------------------------
He surely does use Igenex. He does only their basic pretty inexpensive tests for lyme. He uses either quest or labcore for co-infections. And does the CD57 test thru labcore (the only lab that does it correctly).

I'll sum up his philosophy. Lyme is a clinically diagnosed disease. Sure, testing is important but he tests for a lot of things besides lyme...stuff like Hepatitis, low B-12, etc..... He doesn't do a lot of expensive testing for lyme because of this. He uses lab tests to support a dx and will ultimately treat for EVERYTHING known to be involved with lyme, like Bartonella, Babesia, Erlichia, Mycoplasma, Chlamydia P....etc. if he thinks you have lyme. Lots of these get treated in combo, but they get treated. He generally leaves no stone unturned. Once treatment begins, he monitors your response closely and goes from there.

Last edited by Bearygood; 09-06-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

Thank you so much Bearygood! That is fantastic info. I do not think I have ever had a CD 57 done. I have called Dr P 2x in the last week and left a message but his office is not calling me back. Very frustrating.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:32 PM   #7
(female)

Aimiloo HB User

zand, i called about 3:30 on a thursday and i got right through! I'd keep trying agaiin.

Well i have the igenex kit, but i guess i might not even need it. That's good news.

Thanks for the response bary!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #8
(female)

Erin524 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandvoort View Post
Hi everyone-

I asked my LLMD to do an Igenex test (Quest negative) and he reminded me that no test is accurate and it does not matter- he knows I have Lyme. I would really like an objective finding So, I am going to try to get in with dr. P in ct. But, I just learned from another thread alreted me that he does not use Igenex either. If I want Igenex, I will have to get it myself and ask him to order it.
I went onto the Igenex site and I did not see how to order a kit. do you have to know which test you want when you order or can you order a multipurpose and Dr P will know what to order?

OR- should I just trust that Dr. P will do the right testing and not worry about Igenex?

Thanks!
Look on their website again. There should be an 800 number that you can call to order the test. The people who answer the phone are nice, and will send you the test kit(s) along with the packaging to ship it back to them. All you have to do is take the test kit and the shipping materials with you to your doctor...have the doctor or the nurses in his lab draw the blood for you. I think the blood has to be put in the centrifuge for awhile before it's shipped, and then the labtechs can pack it up into the shipping back and they can either ship it out from their office, or you can take it with you to ship. (my doctor had the shipping company pick the test kit up and shipped it from his office instead of me taking it to the shipping place.)

Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

I found them very nice and helpful as well. Don't make your doctor appointment on Friday though, because of the shipping!

Closed Thread