It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

Writeart HB User
Another update

Saw my neurologist again today...I am feeling lousy again, probably due to herxing, but even though I am undergoing treatment for Lyme now, and even though he "does not think" I have MS (which is different from the "I'm sure you don't have MS" he said a couple of weeks ago), he wants me to have a spinal tap to rule it out if I still have pain in a month. He also said he wants to make sure the babs are not in my spine.

I am unhappy about this because I'm terrified of a spinal tap and I think it's unnecessary. He is a really nice guy and I think he just wants to make sure that there's not something else badly wrong with me, but I am hoping that somehow I will miraculously convert to CDC-positive between now and then so he'll believe that Lyme is the cause of my problems.

He also confirmed that I have a slight facial droop, which is making me really unhappy...but he said it disappears when I smile, so I'm trying to find a reason to smile now...

Writeart

Old 09-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Another update

Hi Writeart. Smile because you have been diagnosed and are getting treated.

I have never heard of a spinal tap being done to check for Babesiosis.

Are you being treated by a Lyme doctor? I highly recommend you discuss with your Lyme doctor about this doctor wanting a spinal tap.

Hang in there okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User
Re: Another update

Hi Writeart. I was actually thinking of you the other day

Does this neruoyour seeing, specialize in lyme? Who is he? Were you tested for co-infections?
Writeart, keep your chin up. I know it's hard when your not 100% sure what the whole picute is. Like me, I was given a lyme diagnosis by my LLMD 1wk ago and still wonder..."what if the dx is wrong, what if it's something else?" The reason why I'm thinking this way is because I'm positive according to IgeneX's criteria but neg according to CDC. I have heard time and time again that CDC requires extreme amount of bands and not alot of people with lyme have this many bands. My LLMD believes that I do have lyme so I just started treatment 5 days ago. We shall see what happens. How long have you been on treatment? Did you herx when you first started? If so, what was it like for you?

Keep smiling, ok?
J

Closed Thread