It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 07:23 PM   #1
(male)

Snibe HB User
Lyme after treatment

Hello, I just posted about arm problems but my main concern is Lyme. I finished treatment for my long term Lyme in late July of this year. I felt a little better after, but soon it started getting worse. Now it is much worse. I have my good days and my bad. The good are merely unpleasant while the bad are miserable. I am going back for follow up exams so it doesn't bother me too much.
What really worries me is what ever is going on in my head. The disease had gone into my brain and caused memory problems amongst other things. But I now have what I perceive as personality changes. It's almost imposable to explain, I feel a lack of control, almost as if I am on auto pilot constantly. I interact with people and think differently, but only in a subtle way.
I also have trouble when I am going to bed. My dreams come to me while I am still awake. I can tell that I am getting close to sleep when I hear conversations. This has happened to me before but never to this degree and so often. It can make me extremely anxious but is almost forgotten the next day.
What I am feeling could just be stress or maybe the Lyme is coming back with a vengeance. Both of these possibilities are controllable and temporary, but I am still concerned and unsure enough about whats happening to post this.
Any insight you can give me would be welcome.
Thanks,
Snibe

Old 09-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Lyme after treatment

Hi Snibe, welcome to the board!

I am sorry you are feeling so bad. It sounds like you were not treated long enough and/or aggressively enough.

How long were you sick before getting diagnosed? What antibiotics and doses did you take? How long were you treated?

Lyme can cause many symptoms, including neuropsychiatric and cognitive ones. To see some of these symptoms check out Columbia University's Lyme Disease Research Studies Overview of Neuropsychiatric Lyme Disease.

Have you been treated by a Lyme knowledgeable doctor? This is very improtant. Many doctors do not understand tick-borne illnesses and undertreat them. Were you tested for the co-infections ticks can transmit--Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplama? This is important. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected.

If you need a doctor recommendation, let us know. There are some excellent ones in NY.

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's 2005 Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines For Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses (on-line). He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many Lyme doctors follow his protocols. I also recommend the book "Everything You Need To Know about Lyme Disease
(2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner.

Hang in there okay? Good help is available, and you are not alone. With proper treatment, you can get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread