It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
(female)

fixmymama HB User
Parent update

Well, my parents have been taking oral antibiotics for three weeks now. Originally it was my mothers ALS type symptoms that started this search that brought us to lyme. She is doing well. She hurts alot of the time right now, mostlikely herx. She had lost the ability to stand on her own from a seated position recently. She can now can now stand on her own again most of the time. Some days are better than others. She says that even though her body is not yet doing as she says, she has a sense of energy inside. I do not doubt that she will make a recovery with time.
My dad had the actual bullseye, but had not had the neuropathy my mother has. He has double vision and massive "floaters" in his eyes. Recently he has had some heart trouble and bleeding in his small intestines. The doctors gave it a name but not a cause of fix. Since taking the oral pennicillin, he has not had any double vision and only a sort of floater experience once. It was a daily occurance before.
Funny thing about their herx pains. Dad had great pain behind his eyes. Where his problem was. Mom has pain all over and great pain in her tummy. Where her problems are.

They are not without other problems. They both got Thrush. Yuck! They called the LLMD and he gave them another med. I did hop on line and found what they needed to do to keep it away.

My new task is trying to get them on sugarless diet. My mom is resistant because having celiac already limits what she can eat.

I am thankful for this board and the people on it everyday!
Thank you to you all for sharing your stories and your knowledge. I read them daily and call my mother and father and share them.

Thanks,
Missy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2007, 04:01 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User
Re: Parent update

Missy- I am so glad to hear that your parents are responding to treatment so quickly! I pray when I get older my sons are as watchful about me as you are for your parents. God Bless

Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Missy ...here's something simple that your folks can do. When I had a problem with keeping the yeast down I went to the health food store...they sold me Grapefuit juice in concentrated liguid. A couple of drops in water swish it around in your mouth and you can swallow the rest. Your Mom might have problems with the acidity since she is having tummy problems. She could just spit it out.

There is also yeast free bread and things like rice milk or soy milk if they want to stay away from dairy. There is stivia if they want to supplement their sugar.

I wish them a quick recovery.

Have a good day!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Missy. Your parents are very lucky to have your support! Make sure you read that to them too!

I think it is incredible and exciting that they are experiencing such improvement in only three weeks! It is weird how these diseases affect people differently.

Are you parents taking high-quality acidophilus at least two hours apart from the antibiotics? This can really help prevent yeast overgrowth. The best ones to get are refrigerated. Most healtfood stores have them. Get the ones that have a high count of live cultures, such as 10 billion. This will be on the label.

Thanks for the update. I hope they keep improving!

Closed Thread