It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User
Not sure,might have asked this ? b4......

Hi. I might have asked this question before but can't remember.....Do you ever wake up with your hand/hands numb? If so, how long does it last?

Thanks (again, if asked this b4 )

P.S I'm on day 7 of antibiotics and the numb-like feeling I had in the center of my face feels worse and today my upper body feels like I have been lifting heavy weights (not gonna happen, haven't been at the gym for awhile) I just feel achy and sore. Oh yeah, and I have joint pain (did not have this before).

Later,
J

Last edited by 3love; 09-07-2007 at 02:46 PM.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
(female)

TropicalTrace HB User
Re: Not sure,might have asked this ? b4......

I always wake up with numb hand and arms and usually last for about ten minutes. It kind of feels like when your arm goes asleep but takes alot longer to wake up. This started about a year ago and I feel is related to my lyme. It is slowly getting better, use to last alot longer than ten minutes.

Tracy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hey J.

One of my Lyme symptoms was the bottom of my face went numb. Thank heavens that has been cleared up 100% by antiobiotics.

It was slow going though - took about a year to get feeling back.

I occassionally woke up with a numb limb; maybe 5-10 times per year.

I also feel as I've hit by a truck. I had bad bad pain everywhere in my body ever day, and other symptoms like loss of balance and trouble finding the right word.

However, these are symptoms that flare up intensely when I am Herx'ing.

Some antibiotics kill bacteria during cell reproduction. The bacterial cell membranes split open and the toxic contents are then flowing your body's tissue.

The Lyme bacteria has a lifespan of about 3-4 weeks.

I find, with my current treatment protocol (Biaxin, Levaquin and I.V. Rocephin) that my Her'x come and go, but boy-oh-boy do I feel better than last year.

So if you happen to notice that your symptoms, or even new ones, appear at a 3-4 interval, you may be Herx'ing - and that's a good thing 'cuz that means you're killing those nasty buggers.

Some ppl react to meds every day; too high a dose, allergic reaction, their bodies just can't handle the dose and/or the die-off.

My current Herx is full of P-A-I-N so I can relate to your feeling as if you just participated in a tri-athalon.

Hang in there and remember, you can always call your doctor and/or pharmacist with questions.

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

Last edited by 6Blues; 09-08-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

Hi Tracy. When all this first began (Jan 07) I woke up with both hands numb for a solid wk. I would shake them around and the feeling would come back.
How long after starting treatment did you herx and what was it like for you? Did you start on oral or IV?
Later, J

Hi Mickie. The feeling around my nose area (since Jan of this year) is not really numb. I have feeling but it has a weird streched out/numb-like feeling to it. Since starting antibiotic, it has increased in intensity. It also feels like it has spread out more towards my cheeks.
I get what feels like my upper body (not lower) is very achy/sore. Like as if I over worked my muscles.
Another weird thing is I get this random deep 'bone' pain. It doesn't last long, maybe minutes in the same spot then it moves to another part of my body. It pretty much jumps around. Strange.
How long after treatment did you first herx and what was it like? Oh, and did your LLMD start you with. Oral or IV?
Later, J

Last edited by 3love; 09-08-2007 at 06:57 PM.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:16 AM   #5
(female)

TropicalTrace HB User

Hi J,

When I started first started on doxy I herxed after about the 5th day, and it felt like a bad flu, my lymph nodes were swollen, my body felt like I was hit by a truck. Then after I saw a LLMD and he put me on Biaxin and Flagyl, I herxed within 5 hours of the first dose. I experience when I herx on my current oral combo is rib pain, swollen lypmh nodes, waking up not knowing where I am, rashes, bone pain, nausea (all things, other than the bone pain I hadn't experienced before medication as most of my symptoms where neurological). I find the detox baths help me manage the severe herx days. For me the most bothersome is the swollen lymph nodes because even the ones near my breast become so sore and I like to sleep on my stomach which makes it uncomfortable. Hope this helps.

Tracy

Old 09-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

Hi Tracy. I'm curious about the bone pain. I never had bone pain before starting treatment either. How is your bone pain? Does it stay in the same spot or does it jump around? How long does it stay in a particular area? Mine doesn't last for hours or anything like that. It goes as fast as it came. Sometimes maybe 15 minutes or so.

Later,
J

Last edited by 3love; 09-09-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #7
(female)

Erin524 HB User

I wake up constantly during the night with numb hands. It's so annoying!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
(female)

TropicalTrace HB User

J,

The bone pain was felt like someone was crushing my bone with a sledgehammer. It would all of sudden just hit my thigh, my upper arm, my foot. I usually had to lay down when it struck, but it didn't last long, maybe half an hour or so. But it would attack a couple times a day. I would have to say after 4 months of treatment I only get hit with it once a week or less.
Progress is good!

Tracy

Closed Thread