It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
How bad does this get?

I know lyme disease is prone for joint/muscle pain/weakness. And i've had that. . . But now its getting horriblly worse. I haven't worked out in a few months now. Just getting up to go to the bathroom my ankle just snapped/popped and is killing me. My elbows are uber weak and pop and grind. My knees feel like i have no cartilage and am just walking bone on bone. My muscles are so weak and just reaching/stretching literally feels like im twearing my muscles apart. I've noticed when im on different medicines all it feels like im doing is flip flopping symptoms. The biaxin im on is seeming to help the brain fog and sleepyness...but i mean this bone/muslce pain/weakness is really disabilitating. I hafta work still and do stuff... Im goign to an good ortho. to look at my biceps...i believe there tworn. "this is from 2 months ago"....thats when i stopped working out... I also cant explain just doing alil cardio(getting my heartrate up) I feel like im going to black out and my heart beats threw my chest. I feel my health is being taken away from me and theres absolutly nothing i can do about it. You all know how i like to stay in shape. And was hoping to get to play college football next eyar. But at the rate im going....i cant even imagine picking up a few pounds of wieght. Im gaining wieght like crazy. I'm still eating good...but im just gaining alot of wieght. I'm eating "normally"... and i've probably gained 15lbs in a few weeks. And i know its not muscle because im not working out. Grr...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: How bad does this get?

Hi eclipse. I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Do you think you are herxing? How long have you been on the meds you are on now?

Having been on steroids can make symptoms worse.

If doing cardio feels too intense, you should not do it. You have to listen to your body, even when you don't like what it is saying! Try small periods of different exercises and increase gradually as you are able. If you are not able to, don't. You will get back to it.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Just a suggestion to possibly send your blood work to a lyme literate lab to test for Babesia and other co infections.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

i was on steriods roughly a week or so. I dont think they did it. I was feeling worse b4 them then after. Like i said im just flip flopping symptoms now. It goes from one extreme to the other. I just cant do any type of excersise. I cant do anything involving my arms at all. Tworn biceps. My knees and ankles pop and grind and i cant run or do anything involving them...and any stretching i do i feel my muscles pulling/feeling like there twearing...and its quite painful. Im use to pain and sports injurys and these feel nohting like i should normally feel. This is wierd. I'm going back the 23rd of this month to my dr. How do i fight these horrible wieght gainS!

Closed Thread