It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 06:52 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User
Bone pain......????

Hi. I was wondering if anybody had really bad bone pain AFTER starting antibiotics? I never had this before. Ever since I started treatment, I get this crushing bone pain. This is not a herx, right? Or is it?

Thanks,
J

Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

datgrlstef HB User
Re: Bone pain......????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3love View Post
Hi. I was wondering if anybody had really bad bone pain AFTER starting antibiotics? I never had this before. Ever since I started treatment, I get this crushing bone pain. This is not a herx, right? Or is it?

Thanks,
J

I have had bone pain off and on for quite some time, going back before treatment. I still have it, although it's not constant (thank goodness) or "crushing" (most of the time). I'm in my 5th month of treatment. I do not believe that it's a herx if it is happening all the time.. or even several days week. However, it is hard to know if it's being caused by "die off" or because the meds aren't helping.

I don't know how long you've been on abx, or if your dr has changed up your meds yet, but my doctor believes that it might take a while to find the abx (either one, a combo of two, or IV) that works for each person. It could be you're not on the right med, or that it just hasn't "fixed" that problem yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

When you herx, youll know it.... If you have been on your meds a while ask your doctor to change or add another antibiotic.. I just had my 3rd antibiotic added to the mix.. you have to find the right combo for you.. it takes time.. hang in there

Old 09-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

My main complaint for years has been bone pain. It seems to primarily be my legs. It's not muscle pain that's for sure. I think the rationale behind it is that there are nerves that wrap around your bones....if you have nerve pain from Lyme, it can effect these nerves as well. My pain is a constant throbbing that feels very deep in my legs and radiates outwards. If I take a lot of ibprofin, it helps dull the pain a bit.

Hang in there.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

datgrlstef HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly5907 View Post
When you herx, youll know it.... If you have been on your meds a while ask your doctor to change or add another antibiotic.. I just had my 3rd antibiotic added to the mix.. you have to find the right combo for you.. it takes time.. hang in there

Some people (I've heard) do not herx, or herx mildly. In fact, I can't say whether or not I've herxed, and I've been on abx for months now. I have noticed a cycle in terms of when I seem to feel worse, but I'm not in severe pain or anything. So in that regard, if you don't truly feel like crud, you might not realize you're herxing.. if you actually are.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:31 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

In my mind, I have this picture that when herx you feel like total $#@% very week and flu like. The only thing I have felt since starting treatment is...
on the second day it felt like I was a vudoo doll being poked with a needle in various parts of my body. The second of third day, I felt like my upper body, shoulders and arms where very sore and achy. The numb-like feeling around my nose area has intensified and spread out more and I have been very irritable. And again, I have this awful bone pain like as if my bones are being crushed....never had this one before! I know that you everybody herx's differently and that you can have an intensification of symptoms and new ones. Maybe that's what's happening or maybe the drug (ceftin 500ms 2x day) is not strong enough for me.

Later,
J

Closed Thread