It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User
Dr. Fein........?

Hi. I was wondering if anybody here sees Dr. Fein? What do you think of her..
would you recommend her? I've read that she comes highly recommended but wanted to hear personal expeirences..

Thanks,
J

Old 09-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
(female)

Writeart HB User
Re: Dr. Fein........?

Hi J,

I see Dr. Fein. Today is my second appointment with her. She's very bright but a little intimidating. She doesn't take insurance, and she used Stonybrook for my testing (I believe that was an issue for you). However, she's treating me even though my Stonybrook testing was borderline.

She makes herself accessible by e-mail if you have questions or issues that come up between appts., which I really like. I know she's helped people with very severe symptoms too. I guess I can say she makes me nervous but I feel like she definitely knows what she's doing.

There is a very long wait at Dr. Fein's office and a long waiting list to get in for the first appointment.

There was an article in my local paper today about a Lyme epidemic in Warren, and it quoted a Dr. Andrea Gaito in Basking Ridge who appeared to be Lyme-literate (she discussed the need for treatment beyond CDC guidelines).

If you have any other specific questions, LMK.

Writeart

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

Hey writeart.....how have you been? Nice to hear from you! I called Dr. F's office today and the wait is very long.....booked till end of January! I gues I'll tuff it out till then How long do you have to wait in the waiting room? I can only imagine, must be a very long wait.
I hope your appointment went well....would love to hear details!

Write, don't be so afraid of her, she's only human.

Later,
J

Last edited by 3love; 09-17-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
(female)

Writeart HB User

Hi J,

I only had to wait 30 minutes or so today (which would have been okay except I was the first afternoon appt). I think I am going to continue to make 2 pm appts., as there was a much longer wait last time.

Almost all doctors make me nervous...can't help it but I'm getting over it as I have had to see so many of them this year!

The appointment went fine. She said I'm responding well to the treatment (oral Minocycline) so she's keeping me on it. She takes blood every month to monitor various things (liver enzymes, and in my case iron levels because I'm anemic, as well as to check the Lyme antibodies).

Hope you're feeling well,

Writeart

Closed Thread