It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User
weavor............

Hi. How are you doing? The reason why i'm 'calling' out to you is, I was doing a little back search on threads pertaining to both Dr. E and Dr. Fein and I came across yours...I read that you first had Dr. E as your Dr. and now you have Dr. Fein...how do you like her? How do you like this doctor compaired to Dr. E? The reason why I ask is because I was thinking of giving these docs a try and wanted to hear some feedback if possible.

Hope all is well,
J

Old 09-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: weavor............

Hey J.

My LLMD is Dr. E.

I've been seeing her for 2 years and 9 months.

I find her to be professional, open-minded, and very knowledgable.

She treats with traditional and alternative methods.

You'll be in good hands with her.

Ask any questions you want, I'll try to answer.

Mickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

Hey Mickie, thanks so much for offering to share some info with me....
I have read that Dr. E is very highly recommended, but wasl ooking for some personal experiences if possible. When I was back searching threads regarding Dr. F and Dr. E I came across Weavor's post, he used to have Dr. E and switched to Dr. F.....That got me thinking....maybe Dr. Fein is better to go with.....why would he drop Dr. E?
Has she helped you with your lyme? Is she the one that dx'd you? I guess what I want to know is if she's on target and treats aggresive enough. Were you put on iv from the get go, or orals first?
Sorry to throw so many questions at ya, but you offered and i'm taking up on it! hehe

Thanks,J

Old 09-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #4
(male)

Weavor HB User

I see Dr. Fein right now and am very pleased with her. The only downfall is that i drive to her office 3 days a week for infusion which is an hour each way, but oh well. She and DR. E have a lot of the same knowledge but i like DR. Feins more agggresive approach. For example. After the rocephin pic line wasnt doing the trick, Dr. Fein realized that it is the best drug for my symptoms and am on an higher dose of it 4g 3x a week. which im tolerating well. Im also on minocylcine and biaxin. I have very similar symptoms to you but not as many. I just have vision and dizziness and fatigue. So i think that cocktail targets the neuro aspect. Dr. E definitly got me dx and was a good starting stone for me, but Dr. Fein gave me the confidence that i will beat this following her protcols with vitamins as well as lexapro and such.. good luck so far although the symptoms are still around she has noticed my lymph nodes arent swollen anymore which is a sign that im beating it, as well as more of a fluctuacting feeling week by week which is i herx i guess, but not as intense as i once had

Old 09-17-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

Weavor, it's great that you found a LLMD that you like. I stated that you started on ceftin at first....how did it work for you....or not work? Did you herx on it? I'm on it now (actually, cefuroxime generic brand) and I started getting really bad crushing bone pain.

Feel well,
J

Old 09-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
(male)

radfaraf HB User

Can someone tell me the full name of Dr E and their location. I am looking for a LLMD and already know about Dr F, but I need some other options.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-19-2007 at 07:41 PM.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
(male)

Weavor HB User

just wonderin why u need other options as to Dr. Fein.. Dr. E is in jackson new jersey

Old 09-20-2007, 06:19 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

I think that seeing Dr. F is like double the cost of Dr. E. I don't know what other "difference" there is between the two. Can anybody offer any insight?

Later,
J

Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 AM   #9
(female)

Writeart HB User

J, I haven't seen Dr. E. but I can give you specific info on cost of Dr. F. My first visit was $600 (her fee), and it cost me about $400 for the bloodwork (just out of pocket-- at that time I had insurance). But I had tons and tons of tests, not just Lyme and co-infections (and it was a good thing I did as I came up positive for mono and anemia).

Second visit was $***-something, and I'm not sure yet if that includes the bloodwork or not (I just lost my insurance and haven't gotten new insurance yet, and I'm not sure if they charged me for the bloodwork or billed me).

She wants to see you once a month to monitor you. So yes, she is very expensive. At this time I can afford this. Not sure how long-term I can, though, so I may end up switching to Dr. E. at some point or checking out Dr. Gaito in Basking Ridge.

HTH,

Writeart

Old 09-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

writeart, thanks for the info. I was wondering when you started seeing her...and if she has raised her fees. I think I called last week and was told $750.00!! Why do these LLMD's have to be so darn expensive?!! If you can not afford treatment, you are pretty much screwed.

J

Last edited by 3love; 09-20-2007 at 10:52 AM.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:02 PM   #11
(female)

Writeart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3love View Post
writeart, thanks for the info. I was wondering when you started seeing her...and if she has raised her fees. I think I called last week and was told $750.00!! Why do these LLMD's have to be so darn expensive?!! If you can not afford treatment, you are pretty much screwed.

J
I guess she has raised her fees! I saw her (for the first time) in August. Made the appointment back in May, which is when I was quoted the $600. She was on tv between then and now and is even more in demand...may account for the difference.

I checked out Dr. Gaito apparently she doesn't take insurance and is very expensive too. Also people who have seen both her and Dr. Fein seem to prefer Dr. Fein. So I'm sticking with her for as long as I can afford her.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-28-2007 at 02:53 PM.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:45 AM   #12
(male)

radfaraf HB User

Most looking if anyone is more convenient to where I live, not as booked, and not as pricey. I guess the cost is doable if it is only once a month for me depending on med costs. I also work in Westchester, NY despite living in NJ. Their is also a Dr (Dr L.) within 10 miles from my workplace that some people say is good, but doesn't seem to be mentioned as much as other people.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #13
(male)

radfaraf HB User

The one I was thinking of is Kenneth B. Liegner in Armonk, NY.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-28-2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: discussion of the posting policy is off topic and uneccesary as all members are responsible to read it

Old 09-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #14
(female)

Writeart HB User

Rad, Thanks for the information on Dr. Liegner. I had never heard of him before but I looked him up and he had two very positive comments.

Where is Armonk in relation to the Tappan Zee?

Thanks,

Writeart

Last edited by moderator2; 09-28-2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 09-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #15
(male)

radfaraf HB User

It's about 15 miles from the bridge going north east.

Closed Thread