It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

Ahniew HB User
Lightbulb Anonymous Reader No More

Dear Friends; I have been a silent, anonymous reader for sometime and need to thank everyone who has participated in this message board. Your experiences, advise and compassion have helped me persevere in obtaining LD diagnoses despite all the medical professionals that brushed off my LD concerns. Mine is the same story that has been told over and over in these pages.

Ticker Ė a special Thank You to you for being a sincere and kind advocate for everyone; some time ago you gave me a LLMD recommendation. I will go my initial consultation asap with IgeneX IgM positive in hand and begin my road to recovery.

My greatest apprehensions right now are that treatment is going to be really awful and cost alot even though I have good insurance. Do you think DR. SH will be able to quell me fears and set me courageously off on the correct course?

Thank you all.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Anonymous Reader No More

Hi Ahniew, thank you for your thank you!

I am so glad you are on your way to getting the help you need! This is half the battle. How long have you been sick?

You will be in great hands with Dr. H. I think you will be so relieved to see a doctor who really understnad what you are going through. When is your appointment? Make sure you are tested for the co-infections if you have not been already.

Did you see the breakdown of the Western Blot?

Keep us posted on your progress okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Ahniew and welcome.

Being your own advocate takes courage and tenacity.

Don't give, keep pushing for treatment for yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Ticker's right - please insist that you get tested for co-infections. I was treated for just Lyme alone for over a year with no improvement. Once I began treating my co-infection (even though I tested negative for it), I progressed a whole lot.

Try not to be nervous and be gentle with yourself.

When is your appt?

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

Old 09-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Good luck to you on your appt. Please let us know how it goes.

One thing I have learned from these boards is to pass the info along. I was helped so much when I first found these boards last year. Now, I try to do whatever I can to help others in the same predictament and also educate people who don't have Lyme's.

I don't know if you've seen your LLMD yet but if you haven't, I found it helps the doctor if you're able to give him/her a list of your symptoms and when each one started. I have horrible brain fog and forget half of what I want to say so writing everything out beforehand makes sure that I don't skip anything important.

Good luck!

Old 09-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
(female)

Ahniew HB User

LLMD SH gave me an appt for this Thursday! (BTW LLMD RSís 1st available new patient appt is 2 months out).

My IgM bands were
31 +
34 +
39 IND
41 ++
58 +
83-93 IND

IgG
39 IND
41 ++
58 +

Fortunately I been keeping a symptoms chart for 3 years because like you say the oleí brain goes blank at the worst times. I think my LD contact was 4 years ago.

Should I go to the hospitals records dept and get copies of my MRI & EKG & positive ANAís, and blood workups? They didnít ask for me specifically to bring any records, just a list of meds. Iíll be sure to request testing for co-infections (Iíll bring a list!)

Old 09-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

I would bring any medical records you have just in case. I brought a book full of labs, reports etc to my first LLMD visit.

That's great that you're getting in on Thursday!!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 06:41 PM   #7
(female)

Ahniew HB User

My llmd appt went well. No treatment yet as we need to test for coinfections first. Anyway it's good to have a confirmed diagnosis and time to prepare my body, mind, work and family for what's in store for me.

Does having one + on your bands mean your not as infected as if you had 3 +'s? Or do the +'s flexuate over time and treatment?

Even though I've probably been had it for 5 years what finallt made me sick enought to get the Igenex test done was a 10 dy prescription for augmentin for a sinus infection, that mini treatment was enough to start herx reaction. That sure as heck wasn't in my #$%@ head!

Get this; I found out I had the positive IgeneX test not from my GP but from the County Health Dept who got the report because Lyme is a reportable disease. They called me to ask the usual questions (I assume to decide if they were going to "track" this case) & I had them fax me the results.

Closed Thread