It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
(female)

lita31 HB User
Unrelenting knee problems! pain! weakness! everywhere!

New here....
Anyone in the same boat. Knee pain and swelling was my first symtom...12 months before I was finally diagnosed. It is still my biggest problem, my shoulders are just as bad, but you dont have to walk on your shoulders! I also have SEVERE weakness to the point that my pelvis continually gets out of line, causing sever back pain. And to top it off, my spine is soooo stiff, that there are several vertebrae that dont move at all...I am stuck!

Does this sound familiar to ANYONE? I have had 2 months of oral ceftin and 7 weeks of IV roecefin, and all I see is that it has made me sicker a lot of the time and therefore weaker? Should I be trying different meds by now?

Thanks for any help!

Old 09-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User
Re: Unrelenting knee problems! pain! weakness! everywhere!

Hi Lita- Welcome to the board and congratulations for getting diagnosed. I know how that goes. I am afraid I do not have the symptoms you describe but I am sure someone will reply. Thsi is a great community. I just wanted to make you feel welcome. Best wishes for resolution to your symptoms as soon as possible!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

roro HB User

I started with knee pain 11 years ago. 12 years ago i was dx with lyme and treated, but i never knew it could become chronic I probably had had it already a long time and thats why the standard course of abx didn't work.. it got so bad I couldn't walk up stairs. i was diagnosed and treated for everything from hepC, MS, ALS, CFS. FMS. and now 11 years later lyme disease.

I am only on my first month of treatment. 3 diff antibiotics. i have severe back problems, several bulging disks, a few herniated discs, and 2 slipped vertebrae. arthritis in most every joint. i take morphine and vicodin just to get by. i hope the treatment works soon, I don't know how much more I can take.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:12 AM   #4
(female)

lita31 HB User

Hi Roro...so sorry to hear your story. I cannot walk up-stairs either, some handicap ramps are too steep as well. I find that bc I'm only 28, and was fine a couple years ago, that people don't even belive me! Good luck with everything, and hopefully you are feeling better soon!

Closed Thread