It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 06:04 AM   #1
(female)

desperate1 HB User
treatment of symptoms

Anyone here take provigil to combat the fatigue that comes from lyme, and if so how does it work for you?

Old 09-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: treatment of symptoms

Hi desperate. Have you seen a Lyme doctor?

Lyme disease can cause severe fatigue. It should get better with treatment, but it can take time.

How is your diet? Many people who have Lyme benefit from eliminating processed carbs and sugar. Eating healthy, drinking a lot of water, taking appropriate supplements, getting enough rest, exercising if possible can all help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ktp812 HB User
Re: treatment of symptoms

I tried provigil about 2 years ago after I was diagnosed with CFS. The problem was that my fatigue was not sleepy fatigue but total body exhaustion fatigue. I tried it anyway and only took half the dose he prescribed. It made me feel really strange at first. I was able to do more than normal but then paid for it in the end. Needless to say I only took it a handful of times and did not like the effect it had on me. It is very expensive so if you decide to try it don't get a whole months worth unless it is the same price. At this point I would try anything to help with my lyme and especially my fatigue problems. Low energy is on top of that list too Also, provigil can cause problems sleeping so if you have trouble with that then you might want to think about it some more. Good luck!

Kim

Closed Thread