It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
(female)

MomEof3 HB User
Question New Here

Hi Everyone! It looks like you guys have a great group of people here. My name is Candi and I'm 33 yrs old. I'm a stay at home mom to 3 kids (4,9,12) and I am married to my high school sweetheart.

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. I was posting on the MS board a couple months ago, but haven't for awhile because I started getting so sick to my stomach when I'm on the computer too long. After researching a few months ago, I had realized the symptoms I was (and am) having are very similar to MS. I've been from Dr to Dr trying to figure out whats going on. My next appt is a follow-up with the neurologist on Oct 5th.

Anyways, the other night my mom and I were watching Mystery Diagnosis and we couldn't believe how similar my symptoms were to the guy's symptoms. Even the chest pain he described was just like what I've been experiencing on and off and I had just been awake all night with the same pain. My mom and I just kept looking at each other in awe. I have heard of Lyme Disease, but never knew the symptoms, etc. As soon as the show was over I got on the computer and came to these health boards. I was so shocked when I read the symptoms list and some of your stories. I have been dealing with most of the symptoms listed. I will highlight my symptoms on the list at the end of my post. Reading alot of the stories on here, I realize that there are many symptoms not listed that I also share with many of you. Even little things I never thought of like my dry mouth.

Ok, the problem is that, to my knowledge, I haven't been bitten by a tick. I have lived in OR for 16 yrs and I haven't been camping since I was about 20. I lived in CA before that, and I visit family there every year. When I was a kid and teen we did have dogs that had ticks once in awhile. Also I remember visiting my dad when I was a kid and he lived in the country in CA. My sister and I used to get ticks off of his dogs and squish them because we liked watching the blood squirt out. Thats all I remember about encountering ticks. There is one thing I thought of yesterday that I am curious. When I was 19 (14 yrs ago) my dad had moved to Colorado and I went to visit him. The house had a full basement made into a big bedroom and thats where I slept. I stayed for 2 weeks. We did go to Flagstaff up in the mountains and had a picnic and hiked around in the woods. It was a couple days later that I got a boil type thing on my butt. Sorry this is kinda gross. I was soooo sick and was puking like crazy for about 4 days and just a little sick for about 4 days after that. There was a gross pus leaking out of it that smelled like a dead animal. It was horrible! I went to a local Dr. there and the Dr. didn't know what it was and I can't remember if he gave me any meds. Thank God my sister was there to help me and to bandage it for me and stuff. My butt hurt so bad and I couldn't sit on it normal for about a month. I went to a Dr here in OR when I got home and they didn't know what it was either. They said probably some kind of boil. After it finally went away I never had anything like that again. That was probably the sickest I had ever been. I have no idea if that could have been a tick bite or not. Also I dont even know if its even possible to be bitten 14 yrs ago and just start having major symptoms a year ago and minor symptoms about 8 yrs ago? Its just something I thought of that might be significant because I've always wondered what that was and hoped it never came back. Any thoughts?

Ok, I'm going to write my symptoms and Dr. visits on a seperate post since this is kind of long. Plus my daughter needs me for a few minutes, haha.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread