It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
(female)

MomEof3 HB User
Lyme Dr Nearest to OR?

Hi again! I wrote a post earlier today titled New Here. I have another question. Does anyone have a suggestion for a Lyme Dr in or nearest to Oregon? If not, what about nearest to Sacramento, CA (where I have family)?

I just need to find someone who will test me and actually listen to me. I'm scared to ask my Drs after hearing the horror stories. On Tuesday I had a Dr appt and I asked my primary Dr if I could possible have Lyme Disease. She said "No, that's very unlikely here. Unless you KNOW you were bitten by a tick." I told her my symptoms were almost identical to the guy on Mystery Diagnosis. She didn't seem to care. Before I even mentioned Lyme, she suggested I go to counseling to get my symptoms out of my head. If I would have read your stories, about how the Drs react to Lymes Disease, before I went to the Dr, I probably would have been scared to ask, haha.

Thanks for your help!

Old 09-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
(female)

Ahniew HB User
Re: Lyme Dr Nearest to OR?

Dear Candi;

The closest llmd's to Sacramento are in the SF Bay Area. It can take 3 hours one way if you hit the commute, otherwise 2 hours. The LLmd that people will tell you is in Nevada City is no longer there, he's in Redwood City now.

I hope you have been reading the recent posts here because they answer some of the questions you asked. I had the IGENEX 6050 test done; I had to ask my GP to sign the request form and have a lab do the draw & I took it to Fed-Ex. The results will be sent to the requesting physician & you can get a copy. I think it was good having the test in hand before having my initial consultation.

Welcome to the board; there's alot of good info here & I encourage you to use the search function to find specific stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi MomoEof3. The Lyme doctors in CA I know of who come highly recommended are Dr. Raphael Stricker in San Francisco and Dr. Steven Harris who has offices in Palo Alto, Malibu, Long Beach, and Nevada City (unless this is the doctor who is now in Redwood City).

Too many doctors believe that tick-borne illnesses are rare. This ignorance is dagerous. Lyme disease is the second fastest growing infectious disease after AIDS in the US and the number one vector-borne disease in the US. It is in every state.

Do not give up. You will find out what is wrong.

Last edited by ticker; 09-23-2007 at 10:18 AM.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
(female)

MomEof3 HB User

Hi Ahniew and Ticker,

Thank you both so much for the info. I really appreciate it. It's so hard and confusing knowing what to do, but this board has helped sooo much and been so informative. Most of these posts that I read, of people's symptoms, could be me writing them. There has been so many symptoms I have tried to explain to family and Drs and then I come here and see so many people with the exact same things. It just blows me away.

I wish you both health and happiness and I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again

Old 09-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
(female)

Ahniew HB User

Right, Dr Harris is no longer in Nevada City. I think he only sees patients in Redwood City & Malibu. I met he & his staff last week and think they're just great. Dr Harris is very genuine and thorough; he is humorous yet professional. The visit was very pleasant.

Now that Iíve been diagnosed & think about how many times I told Doctors, Chiropractors, Acupuncturist, Dentist etc that I thought it could be Lyme not one encouraged me to pursue it. I am becoming really angry thinking of the time and money that has been wasted chasing symptoms.

Closed Thread