It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fernee HB Userfernee HB User
Rachel38, how are ya?

Hey Rachel,

Have not heard from you in a while. How are things going? Actually pretty good for me. Feeling a lot better and do not have all the bone pain that I did. Very nice to be able to squeeze my finger and not really feel it (pain).

Still have not gained much weight back but Dr. S said that I would not while on all the meds. I can still feel some of the internal head shaking but not really doing it on the outside. Face tingles just a bit now and then. It was such a ongoing thing before that I forgot about it. Sort of learned to live with it but now that I notice it happening, sure it is a good thing.

When I go back on the 8th I am going to have Dr. S. test my husband. Even though his western blot was negative, he has a lot of the symptoms.

When is your next appt? Maybe we will be there the same time frame. How is your boyfriends treatment going?

This practicing safe sex is very strange for someone who has been together since they were 17 and no chance of getting pregnant. I need to ask Dr. S is this something we will have to do pretty much forever since we basically will always have lyme or once proper treatment is done are we "safe"?

Old 09-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
(female)

IL_gal HB User
Re: Rachel38, how are ya?

Hey Tammy,
I'm doing okay. I'm glad that you are feeling better. I had some personal issues that kind of took my focus for a while. Got things worked out though.
That second rash threw me for a loop and my symptoms all flared up. I also stopped my meds for about 4 days before my last appointment on the 18th. I ran out and I didn't want to pay for them all if the doc was gonna tell me that I didn't need them all. Of course I did needed them all and he got me back on them asap. I haven't been as consistent as I should be with them. I'm just getting so tired of being sick and taking meds. Not to mention the cost of if all. (insurance isn't good for 2 more months) My next appointment will be by phone. Let me know how yours goes. I have a raging yeast infection at the moment but the dr. called in a prescription for that today that I will take tomorrow. But you know how horrible those can be...I'm just really sick of this all. Sorry, I know I'm not sounding too positive today... I know things could be a heck of a lot worse...especially after reading these boards. My boyfriend's apt has been pushed back to Oct 10th and he has been very depressed, tired and moody... He's on Doxy twice a day but it's not doing much for him. I'm pretty sure he has a co-infection that needs to be treated. We both can't believe all of this happened just because we went to a deer farm to pet and feed the deer. I just wish I could take that day back... That's it for me. Let me know how things turn out with your husband. Oh I have a funny story for you. Yes it's weird to practice safe sex with my boyfriend of 3 years..but we've been pretty good with it until the other night...without a second thought we had oral sex...before we realized that we weren't supposed to do that either and that counted as sex!
Dammit!!! But the doc said we were probably okay since we are both on meds... too funny... I feel like we are in high school again... Well stay in touch and I will too!
Best,
Rach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Rachel,

I know what you are talking about with the whole med thing. I hate taking pills for anything and to have to take so many. There are days when I forgot one or not sure what I took.

Sorry you are not feeling great. I have my days also. I helped my husband the other day by holding his motorcycle straight so he could work on it and by the time we were done I had anxiety and the head shakes. I just wanted to cry but it went away. Not sure what caused it because my only job was to stop it from falling over on him.

Yeah, the whole sex thing is getting pretty old now too. I was getting the condoms free from the doctor in Florida but now we are back I had to go and buy some yesterday and man that is crazy. They are priced high and then there was some young boy that kept walking up and down the aisle. I think he wanted me to hurry up so he could get some but I was kind of embarressed. Do not know why because I will buy some strange things but that did not seem right.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when it was time to get refills but I guess we will be on the same meds and doses for a while. Lucky us.

Well definately stay in touch and let me know how you are doing. Hopefully we are going to be done soon.

Later, Tammy

Old 11-14-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rachel,

How are ya? I just realized that my name was changed on here. Such a mess from before. Could not believe that our post were edited.

Anyway, I went in for my appt this week and the doctor changed me again. back to doxy and now levaquin. Said for one month and then if not feeling better starting the IV meds. Scared but want to get better. I am still losing weight. Literally all my pants are falling off of me. I cannot see going out and buying new ones because I plan on putting it all back on.

How is your boyfriend doing with his treatment? Better and faster than yours?

Mu husbands results came back and he only had one positive band on the igenex test, think it was 30. Dr. said that he was not worried about it. Does not think that he is infected which is nice but now how long do I have to worry about spreading it to him. That has me all confused, is it only while active and being treated or pretty much forever now?

Who knows.

Well write me back when you can. I have been thinking about you and wondering if you are better.

Closed Thread