It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

Writeart HB User
Bone Crushing Pain

Wow, J., today I understand what you are talking about re bone-crushing pain. My pain had been mild until recently. For the past week I have had bad pain in my right hip. This morning I woke up and it's gone (yay!) but I have intermittently had the bone crushing pain in my right toes. It literally feels like they're being crushed in a vice. Ugh. Sorry you've been going through this, hope it's over!

Writeart

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User
Re: Bone Crushing Pain

writeart,
Isn't it such a uncomfortable feeling? It's not sooo bad that you sream out from the pain but it is pretty painful.
Um, no it's not over....it comes and goes.
Lately I have been having very bad shoulder pain. A very dull ache. In fact, yesterday it started in my shoulder (stayed there) but also traveled to my elbow then my knee then last but not least, my ankle!!!
Today, I feel it in my shoulder and elbow. But I have to say..... I'll take this over the brain fog anyday!

Later,
J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #3
(female)

Writeart HB User

Hi J,

Well, I hope it goes away soon for you! Mine finally went away and I sure am glad! The hip pain went away too. This week I am back to my normal symptoms, so I guess that was herxing. I have brain fog bad, which isn't fun when I nearly forget to pay my mortgage (I am putting stickies on everything as reminders), but other than that I'm okay.

Wish me luck, I have 11 girls coming over for a slumber party tomorrow night!

Oh, and I finally figured out when I was probably infected, which is good. It was almost exactly a year ago. The day after my birthday last year I had a low fever, but I insisted on going out anyway because my actual birthday was a disaster. Then on my niece's birthday party day (her actual birthday is Oct. 6) I suddenly felt horrible, with the worst headache I ever had, severe nausea, etc. (I only remembered all of this when the birthdays came around this year.)

After that the symptoms started creeping up on me until February, when I had my late-stage crisis. So I am almost positive I was infected in September 2006, which is good, I guess, because I haven't had it that long.

Writeart

Old 09-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

3love HB User

writeart, 11 young girls at one place at the same time? Ummm... good luck!
Oh, and get some ear plugs!

I don't know if the bone crushing pain was a herx (doc thought so) because it was random not constant. It would jump around alot and would not last very long, maybe minutes at a time. I'm still on cefuroxime (ceftin) but have increased the dose. My doc said if I don't see any improvement, we are going to talk about IV antibiotics......

Closed Thread