I saw the ID doctor. Nice man. Spent about one hour with me going over everything.
So far here is what he said:
He does suspect lyme, he also thinks the thyroid is making me feel some of what I feel also, but not all of it. (at this time he is treating 13 people with lyme) He did not put me on anything yet as he ran 12 different blood test. After he gets them back HE will de-senstize me for drugs for lyme. He said I'm allergic to to much to just play around with any pill and hope it works. He said if I do have lyme it will take months and months to get rid of...GREAT. He said what my family doctor told me was wrong, about 10 days worth of pills and off you go. He said I'm lucky as I'm only 3 months into it, not years and years. He will also work with the thyroid doctor. I told him the numbness in my feet and hands has gotten worse each day. He did not like that. Here is what he ordered, not sure what some of it is.
West Niles Virus AB, Blood -Know what that is
Lyme diease AB-Know what that is
CBC w/ differential - Know what that is
Thyroxine, Free, BL - NO IDEA
Comp metablic panel, BL - NO IDEA
Q Fever antiobody, BL -NO IDEA
UA w/ reflexive culture, UR - NO IDEA
Culture, bacterial, BLOOD-NO IDEA
C-Reactive Protein (CRP)-NO IDEA
Westerngren Sed Rate, BL - NO IDEA
He said he will have them back in a week. Then he said if the lyme comes back negative he will sent it to the lab in CA, I showed him the paper work and he fully agreed to it. He said to go with the basic lyme test and then if that comes back from CA positive then he will do the co-infections using the same lab in CA. So I'm still waiting
I have no idea anymore, I just want to feel better and have a happy married life.
It does not look like he tested you for the co-infections. This is very important. Why is he waiting?
I am not a doctor, but I do have Hashmoto's Thyroiditis (a type of hypothyroidism). I suggest that you have your Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3 and T4) and thyroid antibodies tested in addition to the normal panel. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view.
No and ID doctor, still waiting for a call back from a Lyme doctor.
He said he will have them back in a week. Then he said if the lyme comes back negative he will sent it to the lab in CA, I showed him the paper work and he fully agreed to it. He said to go with the basic lyme test and then if that comes back from CA positive then he will do the co-infections using the same lab in CA. So I'm still waiting. I have no idea why he is waiting, I'm about to scream.
I see the thyroid doctor on Monday, this was the ID doctor for the lyme. I will ask the thyroid doctor about those tests on Monday.