It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2007, 06:18 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User
OK...I'm finally admitting I'm a complete dork.

I know that I should be doing detox baths but I have a very strange phobia about bathtubs. It is the most stupidest thing ever and I need to figure out a way to get over it!!!! I figure everyone can get a good laugh over this.

Here's my routine if I need to take a bath... 1. Completely scrub the bathtub w/ bleach and hot water. 2. Take a shower to where I'm clean already. 3. Then, sit in the tub anxiously until I can get out. I absolutely can't add anything to the water b/c I need the water completely clear and free of "germs".

I think this has to be the most ridiculous phobia in the world. I seriously have been trying to figure out if I could make a detox "paste" and use it as a scrub in the shower. I REALLY hate taking baths...they absolutely disgust me!!!...Plus I hate the drain (haven't figure out why yet).

So, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be appreciative!

Old 09-29-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: OK...I'm finally admitting I'm a complete dork.

Hi KeyLyme. I am sorry about this.

Since the baths bother you so much, why not try a foot bath? You add one tablespoon of mustard powder and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper to a warm basin of water and soak your feet for about 20 miutes. It can help to use a dry skin brush and brush them in a circular motion before soaking them.

If you want to try the baths again, why not read, watch tv, or listen to music while taking it so you are somewhat distracted? Try doing them a few minutes at a time and add more if you can tolerate them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2007, 06:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Keylyme, wellll we all have our phobias ...yours just happens to be a bathtub...

I would just keep doing what you normally do. shower before hand...and maybe shower after you do it...BUT the Epsom Salt 4 cups and the Hydrogen Peroxide 64 ounces...is CLEAR....you will still beable to see the bottom of the bathtub....

If you look on Dr. Jernigans sight he does have other detox he suggest...those are with oils ...so I picked Epsom Salts, hydrogen...

Good Luck!

Hope you can figure something out...

Hugs

Old 09-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

Thanks for the solutions. I'll try the foot bath and work my way up from there. I feel like an absolute idiot being scared of a bathtub. It gives me anxiety just to put my kids in the tub!!!!!! Sheesh...talk about quirky.

Closed Thread